The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 33 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 18 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including coaching, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, budget management, student-athlete mentoring, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations. The Assistant Coach will embrace and model a positive coaching philosophy and associated techniques; insisting on a culture of respect and positive communication. The Assistant Coach will demonstrate an on-going commitment to the principles of multiculturalism and diversity through hiring practices, training and development programming, campus collaborations, or involvement and participation in university/divisional multiculturalism an diversity projects or initiatives.
- Achieving a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Providing effective sport instruction and feedback during contests.
- Recruiting student-athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics and Recreations Code of Ethics.
- Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes.
- Demonstrating excelling writing, speaking, and listening abilities.
- Exhibiting supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Coach.
- Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes.
Completing all assignments made by the Head Coach including but not limited to:
- Budget management, contest scheduling, practice planning, travel arrangement, and monitoring study tables.
- Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge.
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division.
- Assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with demonstrated exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills strong organizational skills.
- Ability to support high academic standards and to motivate students.
- Masters Degree.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience.
This is a part-time schedule. Hours vary.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 1, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The hourly range for the position is $21.15 - $32.80.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.