UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students. Posting Title:
Work-Study Student Assistant - Science LabsDepartment:
DAL-Natural Sciences-514140Full Time/Part Time:
$10.00 / hourlySalary Information:
$10.00 / hourlyDepartment Summary:
This posting is for one student starting FALL 2021. Position Summary:
The science laboratories at the University of North Texas at Dallas support the instruction of Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses, including Biology for Educators, Environmental Science, Earth Science, Biology for Science Majors I and II, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, Context of Chemistry, General Chemistry I and II, Organic Chemistry I and II, Conceptual Physics and General Physics I and II.
The student assistant operates under the supervision of the lab manager. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Helping with instructional laboratory preparation and clean-up.
- Helping organizing stockrooms.
- Helping maintaining inventories.
- Assisting with additional duties as needed, such as handout preparation, making copies, or scanning documents.
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas, UNT Dallas College of Law, HSC or UNT student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
- Must qualify as work-study eligible.
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
- Completed a minimum of 48 hours of course work toward a bachelor’s degree (junior or senior standing).
- Advanced biology and/or chemistry laboratory experience as a student.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 2.8.
- Knowledge of (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) University academic policy, procedure, and practices.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, and to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to work 10 hours per week, Monday to Friday and sometimes SaturdaysDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or HearPosting Number:
Stu146HPSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Required Documents:Copy of Fall 2021 class schedule.Copy of unofficial transcript (official transcripts also accepted but not necessary). For additional information, contact Dr. Irene Rodriguez at [email protected]Quicklink for Posting: