DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine | Department of Family MedicineResearch Services Principal Professional (Research Services Specialist)Position #787249– Requisition #22582
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Department of Family Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Research Services Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Jobs in this career family provide general research and/or business operations of the organization
or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions may include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, human resources and operational management responsibilities.Principal Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed at an advanced or expert level. Principal Professionals are either work leads over others or are considered a subject matter expert in a particular area.Position Emphasis
The mission of the Department of Family Medicine is to help people be healthier. The research-specific mission is to improve community health and well-being through high-quality research in patient-centered family medicine using holistic and integrative models of health. This person will work across projects to oversee research operations within the research mission area. This person manages day-to-day operations and oversees successful execution of outcomes and deliverables for various projects, including pilot programs. Examples of possible duties include:
Salary and Benefits:
- Manage the Department of Family Medicine Pilot and Exploratory Program including accepting and reviewing applications, tracking progress, coordinating other assistance and personnel and providing support to the projects.
- Complete research activities including research data collection and analysis such as conducting interviews, observations, data inquires, and other data collection and analysis tasks.
- Identify, recruit and enroll eligible participants into research and evaluation projects. Educate patients and primary care practices about study requirements.
- Assist with the design, development and coordination of study instruments/tools, protocols, consent forms, and other documents related to the research and evaluation projects.
- Manage and organize project- or program-related meetings, including scheduling and attending meetings, tracking and reporting activities, and coordinating follow-up.
- Manage project milestones and timelines, regularly meet with project teams to discuss and communicate progress to all members. Includes developing and maintaining databases to track and analyze and report study information.
- Perform data collection and coordination, data entry, coding, cleaning, management, and analysis. Includes use of REDCap or Qualtrics for survey data.
- Coordinate manuscripts, edits and co-authors papers and presentations. Assist with submissions. Collaborate with project or program teams to write, edit, and prepare journal submission materials. Collaborate with project teams to develop and prepare abstracts for professional presentations, such as workshops, oral presentations, and posters.
- Facilitate document management for projects, including maintaining practice agreements, data use agreements, and business associate agreements, and any grant related reporting requirements.
- Supervise students and other research project staff as needed in conduct of the above activities.
- Utilize data visualization and graphic design programs to display research results, create policy or other papers and presentations and support departmental promotions. Create presentations and posters for conferences. Assist in the creation of research products including websites and other dissemination tools.
- Prepare and submit COMIRB applications and tracking for research projects.
- Coordinate human subjects certifications (CITI training) among research faculty and staff.
- Work with the research mission area leadership and grants and contracts staff in support of grant proposal submissions.
- Organize meetings as appropriate for department research activities for the vice chair and associate vice chair for research.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $59,299 to $75,428. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor’s degree in a health-related discipline such as public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, health education, sociology, anthropology, public administration, psychology, dietetics or other related field from an accredited institution.The position requires at least three years of extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the project management level, and research skills and expertise, including direct responsibility for research program management, business and administrative operations, and supporting complex research projects and functions.A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree in a health-related discipline such as public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, health education, sociology, anthropology, public administration, psychology, dietetics or other related field from an accredited institution.Competencies
- Three + years’ experience conducting or supporting research.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Experience managing clinical trials and knowledge of conduct of clinical trials.
Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to independently apply judgement and take action.
- Ability to envision innovative ways of doing things and able to assertively challenge the status quo while maintaining excellent working relationships with team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Self-directed and able to independently solve problems and assist others with making decisions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Job Category:
Research ServicesPrimary Location:
Oct 11, 2021Unposting Date: