DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment: Office of AdvancementJob Title: Assistant Director of Development, School of Dental MedicinePosition #786876 – Requisition #22508
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Who We Are:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. The Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Development position.Department Summary:
The University of Colorado Office of Advancement at the Anschutz Medical Campus helps move CU forward by matching benefactor passions with university priorities and initiatives. Charged with raising millions of dollars each year to support education, research and clinical care, we forge relationships and foster connections among CU’s faculty, staff, students and community to advance CU Anschutz’s dual promise of delivering the best health care in the world today while reinventing the health care of tomorrow.We are a hardworking and energetic team of 50 (and growing) fundraising, donor relations and administrative professionals, who are positive, collaborative and benefactor-focused. We welcome you to apply to become part of our team.Job Summary:
This Assistant Director of Development at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus will serve as the primary alumni engagement and development officer for the CU School of Dental Medicine. This position serves as a liaison between the School and alumni and cultivates a community within the alumni audience. This position supports engagement planning and execution, alumni communication and outreach, and relationship building to support the engagement and philanthropic pathway of the alumni population. The ideal individual will be able to work with the School, the alumni association, and other departments on campus to cultivate meaningful and intentional engagement opportunities and experiences for alumni. Position Emphasis:
The Assistant Director will be a key driver in the growth of the school-based alumni engagement and annual giving fundraising activities through alumni programs and outreach and the identification and development of key relationships, leadership gift donors and potential major gift prospects. This position is focused on connecting the alumni community to the school and network through programming and outreach and helping the School of Dental Medicine grow its base of philanthropic support (primarily through new donor acquisition, qualifications, and developing a pipeline for major gifts through targeted outreach/cultivation). This role will also support the Dean's strategic engagement and fund development priorities.The role is focused on engagement of alumni and the qualification of donor prospects, as well as cultivating relationships with and soliciting those with capacity to make leadership major gifts as defined by the Office of Advancement and CU Foundation. While the main focus of this role is working with individual alumni and donors, the assistant director will also steward a number of corporate partnerships connected with the School of Dental Medicine. This position will plan and execute programs for alumni, based on the alumni engagement priorities of the School. This position will be responsible for managing a leadership structure of alumni volunteers, such as an alumni council and for developing relationship with key partners at the School for collaboration, such as the International Student Program, the Student Affairs Office, and the Continuing Education office. This role will develop content for alumni communications in partnership with the CU Anschutz Alumni Office and the School’s communication department. This position will collaborate with colleagues to solicit annual gifts as well as major gifts and will implement creative strategies to engage benefactor prospects in the various activities of the School. Annual giving and planned giving activities are coordinated with support from University of Colorado’s central staff to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative external relations partnerships and practices.This role will be an essential, strategic partner in expanding the base of support, inclusive of philanthropy and engagement, among the School of Dental Medicine alumni and other external stakeholders. This person will be a key member of the Office of Alumni Relations to develop and support strategies that cultivate alumni relationships with the long-term intent of increasing alumni giving. Examples of Work Performed:
- Develops alumni strategies that direct the prioritization of programming goals.
- Assists with the development and coordination of all alumni events and outreach, which may include reunions, mentoring events, awards events, networking events and speaker events.
- Recruits, coordinates, supports, and supervises alumni volunteers as needed for alumni events, projects, and special initiatives.
- Develops the Alumni Council and other alumni groups as necessary.
- Manages the alumni award processes, including logistics for alumni award events.
- Recognizes alumni volunteers for their contribution to the School and alumni association.
- Evaluates alumni programs and services for customer satisfaction using post-event surveys and measurements.
- Enhances alumni contact information in the CU Advancement CRM and maintains an organized tracking system for reporting and analytics.
- Develops processes to improve contact data management.
- Fulfills requests for data related to alumni activities
- Works to cultivate existing and new donor relationships (i.e.: through thank you calls, prospecting/cold calls, discovery visits, stewardship touches, etc.) with the intent of sustaining and increasing relationships with alumni, donors and prospects on behalf of and in support of the CU School of Dental Medicine. The donor and prospect pool is comprised of alumni, leadership volunteers, CU Anschutz faculty and community members.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of a minimum of 75 individual, corporate and foundation prospects capable of making leadership annual gifts (i.e.: $1,000-$24,000).
- Plans and implements programs that include measurable targets for number of personal visits and high impact contacts, proposals, assists on others proposals and new prospects qualified/disqualified, all approved by management.
- Works closely with CU Anschutz Medical Campus Alumni Relations team, School-based Development Officers, the Lead Strategist for Philanthropic Growth, donor relations staff and appropriate Central Office staff (i.e.: Gifting Planning, Annual Giving, etc.) to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of institutional priorities, academic programs, and centers of excellence in order to translate these assets into compelling funding opportunities and align them with funders’ interests.
- Facilitates productive relationships between donors and CU administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
- Works to ensure timely, accurate completion of discovery outreach, proposals, pledges and fund agreements.
- Documents prospect strategies and contact reports, provides personal outreach to new prospects, implements general correspondence to solicit and steward leadership gift prospects and cultivate major gift prospects.
- Represents the University at events in order to support the University and cultivate alumni relationships.
- Able to travel (Required for this position)
- And various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
Diversity and Equity:
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $61,135-$65,000
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public administration, nonprofit administration, or a related field from an accredited institution
- At least one (1) year of professional experience in alumni relations, public relations or fundraising
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in alumni relations, public relations or fundraising
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Experience working in a higher education environment
Conditions of employment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to execute events
- Ability to manage volunteers successfully
- Communications skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement
Aug 25, 2021Unposting Date: