Shipping Logistics Coordinator
Full-Time# of Openings:
Facilities Management and Physical Plant
PPPL is seeking a Shipping/Logistics Coordinator who will manage shipping activities and provide logistics support to all areas of the laboratory. The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.Responsibilities
This position coordinates and executes the required daily and long-term activity of PPPL shipments using air, sea, and ground services.
- Supporting the export and import control needs of international programs and initiatives as required under Federal laws, regulations, and DOE directives.
- Provide expertise, technical support, control, and assistance with various reviews.
- Export/Import Control processes and reviews
- High Risk Property reviews
- Shipments according to Federal and International laws and regulations.
- Execute the required activities of PPPL shipments using air, sea, and ground.
- Work with Lab staff to provide shipping instructions.
Working closely with PPPL Office of Export Control, Property Manager, and Head, Material Services this position will ensure Laboratory programs and staff are following Laboratory and Federal export control policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Conduct export control reviews of end user and the organization using Visual Compliance (export software).
- Research Export Control Classification Numbers for Government Property.
- Work with the Office of Export Control for the evaluation of export control requests and restricted party screening for documents, transactions, property, as well as training and support of export processes.
- Understanding and ability to adhere to government agency, Laboratory guidance, and governance specific to export control.
- Participate in the development/revision of policies, procedures, training, and reports as needed.
- Maintain auditable records for export processes.
Schedule, prepare, and document international/domestic inbound/outbound shipments using UPS, FedEx, ground freight carriers, and logistical freight forwarding services.
- Prioritize shipping activities for all proposed PPPL shipments including
- hazardous/radioactive materials
- household goods
- shipments requiring specialized services.
- Process export documentation, arranging logistics for shipments outside the U.S.
- Assure that imports have clearance through U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Ensure auditable records and processes are maintained in accordance with Federal Regulations, DOE Orders, Directives, DOT, and OSHA.
- Help individuals with shipping questions, inquiries, and general customer service support
DOE and PPPL site representative point of contact for the DOE Automated Transportation Logistics and Analysis System (ATLAS).
- Establish user roles and training for system access.
- Perform High Risk reviews of equipment and materials.
- Research proper Export Control Classification Numbers for Personal Property.
- Assist receiving and warehouse personnel in receipt of equipment, materials, and supplies.
Establish knowledge of Laboratory Environment, Safety, and Health (ES&H) requirements.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Use of safety equipment and initiating proper steps to stop work if job is unsafe or compromises security.
- Review work for environmental impacts.
- Comply with ES&H Directives, DOE Orders, DOT, and OSHA standards.
- Maintain all required training.
- High School Diploma or GED, Associate Degree preferred.
- Must have hands on experience in export control and imports or related field.
- High Risk Property management experience will be beneficial
A strategic goal of PPPL is diversifying the community of scientists and engineers, ensuring equitable access, and making the STEM fields more accessible and inclusive. With this in mind, we will take into consideration equivalent work and personal experiences as well as efforts in education, outreach or other related service activities. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certificates and Licenses:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Federal Regulations, DOE Orders, DOT & OSHA regulations inclusive of DOE and Federal directives
- Knowledge of customs regulations and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Experience with Visual Compliance software (or comparable software), SNAP-R, ECCN selection, Automated Export System (AES) or other associated software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
- Google Suite applications helpful.
- Ability to generate and complete various auditable reports
- Ability to prioritize work to accommodate Laboratory needs
- Ability to report deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal across all levels of PPPL staff and other federal facilities/contractors
- Support development and delivery of training for PPPL staff and other collaborators.
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision
- Ability to successfully complete all required training for Export Control, High Risk and Shipping Services functions including IATA/Transportation of Dangerous Goods and the Material Services Division.
- Must have a valid state driver license and a favorable driving record. This position will operate government vehicles, forklifts, and other materials handling equipment
- Position requires frequent bending and lifting equipment (ability to lift 50 lbs.) and ability to operate forklifts and various other materials handling equipment.
- Knowledge and operation of small manual and electrical tools is required.
- Warehouse environment: Shipping/Receiving
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.