The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the men's and women's swimming and diving sport program and it's 60+ student-athletes. This includes coaching, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, equipment management, team travel, budget management, student-athlete mentoring and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
- Coaching and Mentoring Student- Athletes Under the direction of the head coach, daily interaction with student-athletes which includes individual and group meetings, teaching skills & technique, season planning, preparing and executing daily practices, traveling and coaching for all scheduled team and individual competitions, interacting positively as a mentor and role model for student-athletes, and achieving performance goals of the program.
- Recruiting Student-Athletes - Research, organize and maintain a recruit database for the mens and womens swimming programs as directed by head coach. Database to be prepared and ready for June 15 in time for beginning of each recruiting cycle and includes prospects with the academic and athletic proficiency to improve the program. Recruiting duties include travel to evaluate and contact at prospects practices and competition, communication with high school and club level coaches, direct communication with prospects and organization/execution of official and unofficial visits.
- Administrative Duties - Including but not limited to: organizing and conducting team travel; equipment, apparel and swim suit ordering and organizing, meet entries, alumni relations.
- Adhering to all NCAA and University of Denver rules and regulations with respect to all parts of the position. Upholding the highest professional standards and ethical behavior. Exhibiting a positive and cooperative attitude and behavior with respect to all aspects of the program.
- Other duties as assigned
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Displays a growth mindset
- Knowledgeable in the sport of swimming with respect to relevant technique, skills and training.
- Demonstrates a positive coaching philosophy
- Solution Oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly, honestly and effectively
- Hard working
- Ability to recognize athletic potential in prospects
- Adheres to values of program
- Bachelors Degree
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certified
- 1 year of previous coaching experience
About 35 hours per week from September to May less hours in the summer. Early mornings, evenings and weekends.
The salary for this position will be $20,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday September 9th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.