Applications are being accepted for a part-time Parts Store Clerk at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position performs retail functions of the Parts Store and central parts warehousing for the District. This position requires the flexibility to work evening hours based on the Auto program schedule. In addition, a 3% wage shift differential is provided for hours worked after 6:00 p.m.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place September 7, 2021.
Beginning: September, 2021
1. Function as a sales person, assisting students and instructors with their parts purchasing needs. Prepare a daily bank deposit.
2. Maintain a standard inventory of parts and supplies, with emphasis toward Automotive Technology program area needs. Assist students/faculty with uniform orders as needed.3. Issue purchase orders to ensure that the best quality parts are purchased at competitive prices.
4. Prepare work orders for student projects and process them for payment. Coordinate vehicle repair requests through MPTC’s online registration system.
5. Maintain a monthly record of purchases made by staff and instructors.6. Receive merchandise and apply District policy as pertains to pricing and mark-ups on merchandise. Process invoices for payment.
7. Meet with vendors for purpose of product information, purchasing and returns.
8. Conduct an annual inventory of all items according to District policy using computerized inventory system.
9. Close out outstanding invoices/repair orders prior to the end of the academic year.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduation with additional courses in accounting, bookkeeping and records management.2. Two years increasingly responsible experience in automotive or general equipment parts merchandising.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, vendors and the public.5. Possess knowledge of mechanical terms, equipment and parts catalogs.
6. Ability to work independently, be self-directed and be organized.
7. Working knowledge of record keeping for maintaining inventories and cost controls.8. Ability to communicate orally and in written form.
9. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.10. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Group Life InsuranceLong Term DisabilityShort Term DisabilityPaid VacationPaid HolidaysAccumulative Sick LeaveFlexible Spending403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program OptionsWellness ProgramProfessional DevelopmentEducational AssistanceEmployee Assistance Program