Job no: 517925
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:28311001 - VM-ICU AND PCW SERVICES
Emergency & Critical Care Veterinary Technician I/II (CARE)
Example of Veterinary Technician Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assisting with evaluations and rechecks
• Performing triage assessments
• General nursing care such as venipuncture, catheter placement, patient restraint, treatments, medication administration, and sample collection
• Basic anesthesia and sedation procedures including patient monitoring and recovery
• participate in rounds with the clinicians and students
• Act as a liaison between the ICU technician assigned to the care of each inpatient and the ICU Doctor
• Assist the clinician with the preparation of treatment sheets, lab submissions, radiology/anesthesia and surgical submissions, etc
• Act as a point of contact for owners of hospitalized patients.
• Facilitate patient visits
• Facilitate transfer of cases to other services
• Assisting with phone calls and emails
• Reviews and enters daily inpatient charges
• Client Interactions including client education
• Instructing students and new team members
• Conducting teaching moments in structured orientations, rounds, or throughout the day on a one-on-one or group basis
Typical schedule will be:
· 1:00pm to 11pm Sunday-Wednesday
· 1pm-11pm Wednesday – Saturday
· and participates in holiday rotation schedule. May require working earlier then 1:00 pm or later than 11:00pm. Schedule may change due to covering other shifts and it may be required to assist in other areas of the hospital depending on patient care needs.
This position is considered essential personnel
This position is part of the Emergency Response Team
Starting salary is $18.00 to $24.00 per hour; commensurate with qualifications.
Emergency & Critical Care Veterinary Technician I: High school diploma and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.
Emergency & Critical Care Veterinary Technician II: Credentialed veterinary technician with at least two (2) years of experience exposed to veterinary emergency medicine. Credentialed veterinary technician (CVT/LVT/RVT)
• Graduate from an accredited American Veterinary Medical Association program for veterinary technology OR
• Credentialed veterinary technician
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for these positions, you must upload:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:
Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds.
Must be able to bend, kneel, pull, push, twist and stand for extended periods of time.
Advertised: 24 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 07 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time