Work Study Student Assistant - Student Telecounselor Location:
Americus, Georgia Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.
This is a student caller position in the Undergraduate Admissions Office. The position reports to the Director of The GSW Call Center. The position involves phone skills.
Exercises independent judgment based on knowledge gained through the performance of responsible admissions duties. Employee is expected to proceed with minimum supervision. Work is reviewed for the achievement of desired results and adherence to established procedures and policies.
- Tele-counseling and email communication with prospective students, applicants and their families
- Follow-up for Admissions Counselor on prospects and special projects
- Answer phone/route calls according
- Extensive knowledge of the Admissions Process for incoming undergraduate students
- General knowledge of campus and each department
- Assist various school deans and athletic coaches with information on their prospects and applicants
- Perform more than one task at a time
- Performs related work as assigned by the Admissions personnel
Required Documents to Attach
Please attach a resume.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Willing to learn as cross training does occur
- Knowledge of entrance requirements for all undergraduate students
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures
- Typing skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- General knowledge of the campus
- Effective communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to establish good rapport with the public and attending students
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.