New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Aug 17, 2021Description:
The Postdoctoral Fellow for the Center for Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics will be responsible for developing mechanism-based new technologies and approaches to detect and measure biomarkers associated with important human diseases and to employ these methods to analyze samples from animal models of human disease and human subjects to test and validate their performance.Qualifications:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Recent Ph.D. in any field of nanopore sequencing, mass spectrometry, proteomics, biosensor, bioengineering, material science, nanotechnology or related field, with demonstrated skills in analytical chemistry, protein chemistry, peptide sequencing, MALDI, LC-MS/MS.
2. Research experience in nanopore, material or biosensor design and development, technologies for biomarker discovery, studies on extracellular vesicles or nano/micro scale liquid chromatography, electrospray ionization, high resolution mass spectrometry, protein biochemistry, top-down and bottom-up proteomics including project design, sample preparation and data analysis, PTM identification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
1. Proficient research skills and the ability to perform. nanomaterial design and fabrication, biosensor development, cell culture, standard molecular biology techniques, protein and exosome isolation, mass spectrometry analyses, or other such related experimental techniques.
2. Strong computer skills, including an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Power Point software applications. Design and development of scientific graph are highly preferred.
3. Skills in biostatistical analysis
4. Solid analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to read literature and understand its content with analytic mind.
5. Motivation to independently work on research assignments and create new projects, as assigned by the PI.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Excellent organizational skills.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills.
9. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed.
11. Ability to give oral presentation of experimental results in lab meetings and research conferences.
12. Ability to review journal manuscripts and provide critiques.
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide the following materials for submission: CV and Research Statement.
Team’s selected publications:
- Ning, B., Huang, Z., Youngquist, B. M, Scott, J. W., Niu, A., Bojanowski, C., M., Zwezdaryk, K. J., Saba, N., S., Fan, J., Yin, X., Cao, J., Lyon, C. J., Li, C., Roy, C. J., Hu, T.* Liposome-mediated detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA-positive extracellular vesicles in plasma. Nature Nanotechnology. 2021. In press.
- Ning, B., Yu, T., Zhang, S., Huang, Z., Tian, D., Lin, Z., Niu, A., Golden, N., Hensley, K., Threeton, B., Lyon, C. J., Yin, X., Saba, N., Rappaport, J., Wei, Q., Hu, T.* A smartphone-read ultrasensitive and quantitative saliva test for COVID-19. Science Advances. 2021. 7(2): eabe3703.
- Liu, Y., Fan, J., Xu, T., Ahmadinejad, N., Hess, K., Lin, S., Zhang, J., Liu, X., Liu, X., Ning, B., Liao, Z., Hu, T.* Extracellular Vesicle Tetraspanin-8 Expression Predicts Distant Metastasis in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer after Concurrent Chemoradiation. Science Advances. 2020, 6:11, eaaz6162.
- Liu, C., Zhao, Z., Fan, J., Lyon, C. J., Wu, H., Nedelokv, D., Zelazny, A.M., Olivier, K.N., Cazares, L.H., Holland, S.H., Graviss, E. A., Hu, T.* Quantification of Circulating M. tuberculosis Antigens for Rapid Diagnosis and Real-time Treatment Monitoring. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A. 2017, 114(15):3969-397
- Liang K., Liu, F., Fan, J., Sun, D., Bernard, D. W., Li, Y., Yokoi, K., Katz, M. H., Koay, E. J., Zhao, Z., Hu, T.* Nanoplasmonic Quantification of Tumor-derived Extracellular Vesicles in Plasma Microsamples for Diagnosis and Treatment Monitoring. Nature Biomedical Engineering. 2017, 1:0021.