Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Summerville Campus Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Responsibilities The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while ensuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines. Perform a variety of experimental studies including animal behavior, cell biology and molecular biology experiments. Experiments may include but not be limited to performing animal surgery, microinjection, behavioral testing, genotyping, western blot, real-time PCR, immunohistochemistry and various microscopy and imaging techniques. Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Job Summary A training position designed to carry out advanced independent research to achieve the objectives of the research project, ensuring consistency with established methodological approaches and models, adherence to project timelines and completeness of documentation. Participate in research data collection and analysis; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; conduct studies of related literature; write and publish articles in scientific journals.Shift/Salary Shift: M-F/8a-5p (Work outside of the normal business hours may be required.) Salary: $36,197/Annualy-$45,000/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 8/24/2021 - Until filledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond. Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University/ AU Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.