Senior Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Department Marketing Statement The Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine is charged with conducting high-impact original biomedical research and translating the findings to clinical applications, and in educating future physicians and researchers. Our research addresses fundamental questions in cell and developmental biology, endocrinology, neuroscience, regenerative medicine. Collaborations have been established with clinical departments for studies that investigate various diseases including neurological diseases (stroke, epilepsy, muscular dystrophy, and Guillain-Barre syndrome); psychiatric disorders (schizophrenia, depression and autism); degenerative diseases (osteoporosis); cancer and endocrinological disorders.Required Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Willingness and ability to work with research animals
Ability to work independently with only general supervision
Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality, complete work and meet deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft Word and other computer software/databases or willingness to learnResponsibilities A training position designed to learn through engagement in an advanced level of scientific technical and administrative work in support of research efforts in an assigned laboratory or clinical research setting. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while ensuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis; Teach and participate in complex bacteriological, chemical and/or radio-chemical qualitative and quantitative analysis, macro- and micro-serological, histologic and cell culture procedures
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; Summarize and evaluate findings; Develop derivative applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects; Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally and internationally
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work; Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activitie
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; Instruct others in operation of equipment
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Salary: $36,197/Annually - $60,000/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.