ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF LIBRARY COLLECTIONS AND USER SERVICES, BUMC Alumni Medical Library Tracking Code9185 Job Description
The Alumni Medical Library, Boston University Medical Campus, seeks an experienced and collaborative library professional to fill the newly created position of Associate Director of Collections and User Services. This position has broad responsibilities directing and overseeing acquisitions and collections, access services functions, resource sharing and facilities. Reporting to the Library Director, the Associate Director is responsible for overall library operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Directly manages the Financial Administrator, Collections Management Librarian, and Education & Access Services Management Librarian positions, as well as indirectly oversees 5 FTE Access Services and Interlibrary Loan support staff, and 2 FTE-equivalent Student Assistants.
- Provides leadership, fiscal oversight, and develops best practices and procedures in library acquisition/collections workflow management from evaluation and selection, licensing and contract negotiation through receipt, payment and record-keeping. This position directly oversees a $2.2 million collections budget.
- Oversees data and statistics for required reports including LCME and other School accreditations, AAHSL, ACRL and ARL, and analyzes collections usage statistics and other quality data for decision-making and allocation of resources and services.
- Ensures that the Library's collections, discovery tools and related services support and advance the teaching, learning, research and clinical scholarship needs of students, faculty, staff, researchers and clinicians on the medical campus.
This position has broad responsibilities to meet the current and changing needs of the teaching, learning, research and clinical communities on the medical campus, and further the strategic mission and vision of Boston University and its libraries. The Associate Director creates an environment in which service, communication and outreach to students, faculty, staff, researchers and clinicians is of the highest importance, and quality data is utilized to continually improve services.
- A Master's degree in Library Science, Business Administration or related discipline.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, primarily in library acquisitions and collections, management of staff, and/or budget administration.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and in library services.
- Experience in licensing and contract negotiation
- Experience in health sciences and/or academic libraries
- For full consideration, submit a cover letter and resume by February 14, 2022.
Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC), located in the historic South End of Boston, comprises the School of Medicine, School of Public Health, Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, and BUSMs Graduate Medical Sciences. The Campus includes Boston Medical Center, the primary teaching affiliate of the School of Medicine, and the Solomon Carter Fuller Mental Health Center, a state mental health facility. Renowned for the quality of teaching and research and for service to the community, these schools provide education and training in the most current thinking and techniques in their fields, with a particular focus on disadvantaged, underserved, and indigent populations. Together, the schools employ more than 2,900 full-and part-time, affiliate and volunteer faculty members, many of whom are leading experts in their fields, and train a diverse group of nearly 3,800 full-and part-time students.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular