Description of Position
The incumbent will be responsible for installation and maintenance of Electrical Services/equipment systems. The incumbent will monitor and maintain electrical systems. Visually inspects various work areas to identify and detect problems. Prepares and evaluates work orders and performs necessary calculations to estimate materials and supplies needed to accomplish work.
- Repairing lights
- Installation of miscellaneous electrical systems
- Repair of miscellaneous electrical systems
- Preventive Maintenance, including fire alarms
Minimum Expectations & Requirements
Certified journeyman electrician with appropriate experience installing and servicing commercial, residential and institutional electrical systems.
- Strong knowledge of current building codes and OSHA safety regulations
- Ability to organize and schedule multiple projects of new construction and repairs to existing electrical systems
- Valid Arizona Drivers license
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers
- Perform work or deliver a wide variety of items to different addresses and through different routes via loading, unloading and operation of a YC vehicle
- Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Ability to coordinate electrical work with other trades and outside contractors
- Ability to write accurate work orders with complete descriptions of work to be accomplished
- Ability to follow through with tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willing to work in a team environment
- Work experience in a community college/higher education environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and competencies listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certification/Licensure for specific trade(s) or craft may be required. Valid AZ Drivers License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.