Req ID: req9968 Position Title: Postdoctoral Fellow Position Type: Faculty Position Number: GF9854 OSU Campus: Center for Health Sciences - Tulsa Department: Biochemistry & Microbiology Location Address:
1111 W 17th St
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74107
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate Work Schedule: Typically 5 days/week, 8 hours/day Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: The research lab in the Department of Biochemistry andMicrobiology, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences (OSU-CHS) inTulsa, is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to conductstructure-functional studies of ADAMTS metalloproteases. The successful candidate willjoin an inclusive and dynamic team that has broad research interests inbleeding, thrombotic and cardiovascular disorders. The lab offers aconducive environment for research, collaborations, and career growth. The candidate will have access to a variety of researchequipment including, but not limited to FPLC, HPLC, Confocal Microscopes, PCRmachine, Microplate readers, and cryogenic freezers. The candidate isexpected to mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
The position is funded for at least three years.
Inaddition to working on the PI’s projects, the successful candidate also willhave an opportunity to secure their external funding through foundationalgrants or government funding agencies and develop an independent researchproject, which will make them competitive for the next career level. In thisrespect, the PI will guide and assist in grant proposal preparation andsubmission.
Possible exposure to hazardous material, hot and cold, blood borne pathogens.
Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger,grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or withoutreasonable accommodations.
(Ifyou are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job applicationwebsite, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.)
Special Instructions to Applicants Submit a cover letter, CV, a brief statement of research accomplishments and future plans (1 page), and contacts for 3 references. Education & Experience
Position Qualifications: Required:
- Ph.D., MD, DO or comparable degree in Biological Chemistry or related field
- Experience in productions of recombinant proteins in bacteria and mammalian cells
- Previous research experience with a track record of publicationsSkills, Proficiencies, and Knowledge:
Candidates must be passionate about and enthusiastic for research, team player, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.Preferred:
- At least two (2) years of postdoctoral experience in a protein biochemistry laboratory
- Knowledgeable inthrombosis/hemostasis and cardiovascular research Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit http://eeo.okstate.edu.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.