: Academic AffairsLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Aug 18, 2021Closes:
: Jan 19, 2022 - 11:59 PM ESTType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
- The Academic Operations Specialist works closely with the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the academic deans, and department chairs to assist with the implementation and monitoring of academic initiatives. Provides trend reports to academic department chairs. Liaisons between the Vice President's office and academic committees to assist with project management, implementation, and ongoing analysis of academic operations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, recommends, and reviews standard business processes for academic divisions; ensures accuracy and consistency of across divisions.
- Collaborates with academic division office managers to coordinate the flow of work and reports through the academic offices to the Vice President's and President's office.
- Creates reports on clerical staff work activity that help division administrators and academic department chairs analyze resources.
- Working with division administrators, manages the group calendar of major Academic Affairs meetings including joint division meetings and bi-annual meetings of chairs and coordinators.
- Documents standardized procedures.
- Recommends and organizes training and professional development for clerical staff.
- Assists Office of Grant Strategy and Development with grant expense audits by sending due date reminders and comparing spending against budget.
- Assists the Office of Curriculum and Instruction with coordination of annual program reviews by managing the calendar and due date reminders.
- Works with the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs on the compiling of items that are submitted to the President's office/Board of Trustees.
- Serves as backup for the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs / Process Analyst as needed.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Office Administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Five years clerical experience required with at least two years supporting a senior leader.
- Paralegal certification preferred.
- Project management certification or experience preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences, and to exhibit respect to fellow employees and the College community at large.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve, and manipulate data is required.
- Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word preferred), advanced spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred), and beginning presentation application (Microsoft PowerPoint preferred) skills are required. Beginning database application skill (Microsoft Access preferred) is desired.
Administrative supervision is received from the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Functional Supervision received from the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs / Process Analyst.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY; $45,418 Starting Salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations.
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate and Mask Requirement.
Oakton Community College does not currently have a work form home policy and employees, are required to report to campus.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.