DescriptionData Analytics Analyst I, Office of Institutional EffectivenessAbout the UT System
The University of Tennessee is comprised of campuses at Knoxville, Chattanooga, Pulaski, and Martin; the Health Science Center at Memphis; the Space Institute at Tullahoma; and the statewide Institute of Agriculture and Institute for Public Service. The UT System
has a presence in each of Tennessee’s 95 counties. Through the combined force of education, research and outreach, the University serves students, business and industry, schools, governments, organizations, and citizens statewide.The University of Tennessee System, through its multiple campuses and institutes, serves the people of Tennessee and beyond through the discovery, communication, and application of knowledge. The System is committed to providing undergraduate, graduate, and professional education programs in a diverse learning environment that prepares students to be leaders in a global society. The UT System’s delivery of education, discovery, outreach, and public service contributes to the economic, social, and environmental well-being of all Tennesseans.The Opportunity
The UT System Office of Institutional Effectiveness
promotes a culture of continuous improvement and enhances evidence-based decision-making by offering services in planning, assessment, accreditation, policy, institutional research, and business intelligence.The Data Analytics Analyst will be responsible for the following:
The development and maintenance of reports on diversity, access, affordability, and financial aidThe development and maintenance of reports related to the Complete College Tennessee Act, Tennessee Promise, Reverse Transfers, Academic Program Inventory, and other Tennessee Higher Education Commission reports.The development and maintenance of website for institutional researchThe development and management of standard web-based and non-web based reports from the University’s Consolidated Data Repository (CDR) and other data systems (e.g., student, HR, research, financial, alumni/development, facilities, financial aid, outreach/engagement, IPEDS and other data systems.Providing assistance in the development of presentations for the Board of TrusteesProviding assistance in responding to ad hoc requests from Senior Officers, the Board of Trustees, legislative/governmental/other external agencies.Other duties as assigned.
The Data Analytics Analyst supports a culture of engagement and belonging by treating others with dignity and respect at all times, and by exhibiting conduct that reflects a commitment to inclusion, diversity, and engagement (IDE.) The successful candidate will respectfully communicate and cooperate with all employees and will actively participate in diversity awareness learning and development opportunities to enhance knowledge and eradicate racism in the workplace. The Data Analytics Analyst is also expected to contribute to the systemwide mission and fully embrace the University’s Be One UT Values
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics or a related area on or before May 2022.
- Relevant work experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Excellent advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including a wide range of functions, VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, and the ability to develop complex spreadsheets;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate raw data into information and knowledge through the use of intuitive graphic displays (data visualizations) and reports;
- Strong reporting, analytic, problem solving, and technology skills;
- Experience working with large datasets and unstructured data;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate effectively with people with diverse backgrounds (technical and non-technical), in other departments, and with all levels of organizational management;
- Excellent oral and written communication, problem solving, time management, and interpersonal skills and must be self-motivated.
For full consideration, candidates should attach a cover letter addressing their interest in and qualifications for the role, resume, and list of professional references. Compensation for the position will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits and much more. Additionally, Tennessee residents do not pay a state income tax. For more information on the University of Tennessee’s benefits, visit https://hr.tennessee.edu/benefits/ Job:
Other ProfessionalPrimary Location:
Aug 23, 2021, 2:13:33 PM