Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for the latest news, analysis and services for the entire higher education community, is seeking an enthusiastic and data-driven operations professional. The Data Manager will be responsible for providing reporting and insights, analytics, and operational support to fuel our growth and success. The primary objectives of this role are to drive business intelligence, marketing and product decisions. This person will report directly to the Senior Director of Technology Strategy and Development and will work closely with team members in sales, operations, finance, marketing, and other divisions across the company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and maintain KPIs, dashboards, and other metric reports on company initiatives
- Track referral traffic and audience behaviors to identify trends and growth opportunities (careers, insidehighered.com)
- Partner with senior leadership to design and lead data analysis projects to aid in strategic planning and decision making
- Assist with the analysis of sales and marketing campaign effectiveness through conversion rates, ROI, and other metrics
- Collaborate with team members to develop, deploy and learn from modeling scenarios and A/B tests
- Oversee, manage, and manipulate data in key technical systems, including Salesforce and Google Analytics
- Create and maintain repository of site and campaign metrics to support sales teams
- 4-7 years relevant work experience
- Enthusiasm for data, inquisitive, and eager to understand trends behind metrics and suggest solutions
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong business acumen with ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of success in analytics; be prepared to tell us how you have used data, tools and processes to enhance a particular functional area
- Google Analytics experience, with a preference toward experience with configuration, goal conversion, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, data representation)
- Experience working for a digital publication is a plus
How to Apply
Inside Higher Ed provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a generous slate of benefits and a convenient location in the heart of downtown DC (when we return to work since we are currently remote). We work hard and believe in the value of work-life balance and donuts. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work collaboratively with smart and dedicated colleagues, apply today and let us know why you’d be a great fit.
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract opportunities available.