: Student Financial Planning and ServicesLocations:
: Franklin, MAPosted:
: Aug 23, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-Time Fiscal YearPosition ID:
About Dean College:
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
The Dean of Student Financial Planning and Services provides the overall leadership, strategic direction and management of Student Financial Planning and Services including student billing, financial aid, and customer service for operations.
- Participate in formalizing the scholarship and financial aid modeling strategy
- Manage all student billing and financial aid programs;
- Monitor and interpret regulations, ensuring regulatory compliance and informing college officials of regulatory requirements and liabilities;
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations in relation to student billing, financial aid, and scholarships;
- Manage the financial aid application and packaging process to ensure the timely delivery of financial aid funds to prospective and current students;
- Oversee Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Return to Title IV Funds processes;
- Administer appeals process related to SAP and Special Circumstances. Establish appeal guidelines;
- Oversee Federal Pell Grant and student loan processing;
- Oversee Title IV refunds and repayments, including those to U.S. Department of Education and National Student Loan Data System notifications;
- Work with Financial Services to ensure accurate and timely exchange of information and awards between information systems;
- Maintain fund control records in accordance with funding level limitations. Oversee reconciliation process;
- Coordinate internal reconciliation efforts and report to reviewing entities, such as auditors, program reviewers, and accreditation teams;
- Complete federal, state, and institutional reports including but not limited to FISAP, IPEDS and MA Office of Student Financial Assistance;
- Develop and conduct financial aid presentations and participate in outreach activities, to include, but not limited to: New Student Orientation, Open Houses, financial aid workshops, etc.;
- Facilitate coordination and communication between respective college departments as they relate to the Center for Student Financial Planning and Services' (CSFPS) role in creating a positive educational experience for students;
- Integrate efforts to maximize CSFPS's role in recruiting and retention of students through proactive outreach to students and their families
- Maintain, research, and submit information regarding budget;
- Maintain knowledge of financial aid policies, procedures, and programs;
- Promote excellent customer service of the department as it relates to students, potential students/parents, staff, and faculty, and others;
- Other duties as assigned.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide effective leadership to CSFPS, promoting the development of ideas for improved service and efficiency, encouraging teamwork, conducting staff training, performance evaluations and hiring for the department;
- Supervise the Director of Financial Aid Operations;
- Supervise the Director of Student Accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, required;
- Master's Degree in a related field, preferred;
- 8 years or more of related work experience, required;
- Management level experience, required;
- Experience working in Financial Services of Higher Education, required;
- Operational knowledge of Title IV, State, and Federal laws, rules, codes, and regulations relevant to Student Financial Services and Planning, required;
- Experience providing supervision and training to staff in a Higher Education environment, required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.), required;
- Experience using Ellucian Colleague, preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to foster an engaging, innovative, and collaborative workplace culture, required;
- COVID-19 Vaccination, required.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.