Assistant ProfessorJob Posting Number:
Dept of Eng TechnologyPosition Description:
The Department of Engineering Technology’s Construction Science and Management (CSM) Program at Texas State University invites candidates to apply for a full-time, tenure-track position at the assistant professor level, beginning in the Spring of 2022. The program is accredited through the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE) and currently enjoys over 560 undergraduate majors, twelve dedicated faculty and an active Construction Advisory Board. The program also has a M.S. degree in construction management which can be taken 100% online. Required Qualifications:
The selected candidate will be expected to excel in teaching and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Undergraduate teaching responsibilities are expected to include courses in residential construction, and may also include others such as estimating; project management and scheduling; contracts, ethics, and liability; project cost controls; project delivery; sustainability and lean construction; soils and foundations; architectural construction documents; construction materials; construction finance and structures, according to the candidate’s expertise. Graduate teaching responsibilities in the program’s construction management master’s degree program, with a 100% online option, will be assigned as needed.
The selected candidate is also expected to be able to conduct research and to secure external funding, establish an independent line of research and publish in areas appropriate for both construction and an emerging research institution. The candidate will also be expected to engage both undergraduate and graduate students in their research activities and to supervise graduate assistants.
In addition, the selected candidate will participate in appropriate service activities at the program, department, university and professional levels. These activities can include but are not limited to: CSM Program development; student advising and career counseling; advising student organizations and competitions.
All positions are subject to availability of funds.
• Bachelor’s degree construction science, and/or management, construction engineering, civil engineering, or a closely related field. Preferred Qualifications:
• Doctoral degree in construction science and/or management, construction engineering, civil engineering, or a closely related field.
• Evidence of successful university teaching.
• Demonstrated record, ability, or potential to conduct scholarly work in a construction related field.
• Professional licensure or certification as an American Institute of Constructors (AIC) Associate Constructor (AC), or Certified Professional Constructor (CPC), professional engineer (PE), registered architect, or other certifications such as LEED and OSHA. Application Procedures:
• University level teaching experience in construction management or related programs.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Construction related industry experience.
• Hands-on experience with construction techniques, common tools, and lab management skills necessary to teach major specific courses with a laboratory component.
• Master’s degree in an appropriate construction related discipline including an M.B.A.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34927. Proposed Start Date:
To assure full consideration, submit the following before August 1, 2021: a letter of intent, resume or curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and research interests, and the contact information for three references.
Selected candidates for interview will be required to provide transcripts from all degree granting universities.
Spring 2022Open Date:
08/01/2021Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. Why Work at Texas State?:
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Link: