Trinity Washington University invitews candidates to apply for their Head Athletic Trainer position. This is a full-time, 10-month position. The Head Athletic Trainer oversees the Trinity Athletic Training/Sports Medicine program for 5 varsity teams and approximately 100 student-athletes. Duties include, but are not limited to: Ensure compliance with all college, state, and NCAA rules and regulations related to medical care for student-athletes; Act as a first responder for athletic injuries, treatment, rehabilitation, and referral of athletically injured student-athletes for physician care; Ensure that student-athletes are evaluated by their doctor on an annual basis to determine whether they are physically able to practice and compete in the intercollegiate sports program and coordinate records with the campus Student Health and Wellness Center; Communicate with coaches regarding the injury status of student-athletes; Act as liaison between the Athletic Department and Student and Wellness Services; Oversee the purchasing of training room supplies and equipment; Attend all home athletic events and postseason games, provide coverage for team practices; Maintain up-to-date medical records for each student-athlete through an electronic medical records system; Submit an annual report at the conclusion of the academic year; Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s Degree preferred) in Athletic Training. NATA certification. First Aid/CPR/AED Certification Required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of conference, NCAA, NATA rules and regulations
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with persons of diverse cultures and language groups
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as computer competency and skills required.
SPECIAL LICENSES, REGISTRATION, OR CERTIFICATION:
- NATA BOC
- BLS First Aid/AED/CPR
- Valid Driver’s License
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
- First responder for athletic injuries as well as timely follow-up care
- Coordinate with team physician for referral of student-athletes
- Daily treatment and rehabilitation for student-athletes
- Attend all home game events
- Attend regular practices
- Attend all Trinity sponsored sporting events
- Maintain proper budget
- Schedule annual maintenance for sports medicine equipment.
- Provide Strength & Conditioning programs for Athletes
- Assist with SAAC and other Departmental Programs including and initiatives in the areas of Mental Health, Diversity and Inclusion
Interested candidates should submit an application to the link below for consideration.
APPLY HERE NOW
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.