UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students. Posting Title:
Student Assistant - School of Liberal Arts & SciencesDepartment:
DAL-School of Lib Arts & Sciences-514000Job Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
$8-10 Commensurate with experienceSalary Information:
$10.00 / hourly Department Summary:
At the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences we serve the needs of all students, traditional and non-traditional. We are committed to the values of diversity, creativity, leadership, integrity and lifelong learning. These values are the foundation of the University’s mission to empower students, transform lives, and strengthen communities.Position Summary:
Our faculty excel in teaching, research, and service. The faculty are recognized for their innovative pedagogy and expertise. They are committed to student-centered educational opportunities that provide career-ready skills and lifelong learning. Our curriculum builds foundational knowledge required for all academic degree programs at the University, emphasizing communication skills, analytical reasoning, leadership, and independent thought. The School of Liberal Arts and Sciences is home to innovative programs that prepare our students to compete effectively in a rapidly changing job market or to pursue post-graduate education.
Student employees assigned to this classification work under general supervision. This means that definite work objectives are set for the employee but methods of performing the tasks are frequently left to the judgment of the employee with occasional instruction or advice provided by the supervisor. The frequency of review by the supervisor depends on the difficulty and complexity of the assignment or on the impact or result of the work performed. While the supervisor is again responsible for the general assignment of work, less control may be exercised over the flow for work and instructions given may be more general in nature. The employee is responsible for the results of the work. Jobs assigned to this level usually require some previous experience, education, or specialized skill.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Greet and appropriately direct visitors for the School of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- Answer and forward calls to the appropriate person or department.
- Assist with room requests for the School of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- Prepare document copies for the department.
- Prepare newsletters and department announcements.
- Posting content to social media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas, UNT Dallas College of Law, HSC or UNT student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat computer application.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
According to academic schedule – up to 19 hours.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Writing, Grasp, Talk or HearPosting Number:
Stu140HPQuicklink for Posting: