Job no: 509546
Work type: Faculty Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
About UMass Amherst:
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Department of Marketing in the Isenberg School of Management at UMass Amherst (see https://www.isenberg.umass.edu/programs/depts/marketing) is seeking a tenure-track faculty member with expertise in any area of marketing, and a strong commitment to research, teaching, and community. While this search is for an assistant professor position, highly qualified candidates at other ranks may receive consideration. The appointment is expected to begin September 1, 2022.
- Ph.D. in marketing or related fields, (expected to be) earned by August 31, 2022.
- Ideal candidates will have
- An active research program with demonstrated interest in, and ability to, publish impactful research in top-ranked marketing journals;
- Evidence of, or potential for, teaching excellence at both bachelor, and master’s levels, including face-to-face and online methods;
- Interest in supervising PhD students
- The potential to make positive contributions to the department, school, and University communities.
About the Marketing Department and the Isenberg School of Management:
The Marketing Department actively serves the marketing community (e.g., chairing/hosting the Marketing & Public Policy Conference and Doctoral Consortium), and is comprised of award-winning scholars (e.g., DMEF Robert B. Clarke Outstanding Educator Award, AMA/MSI/H. Paul Root Journal of Marketing Best Paper Award) with publications in a range of areas, such as public policy, privacy, electronic marketing, services, consumer behavior, and business to business.
The Isenberg School of Management offers a wide range of nationally-ranked undergraduate, masters, and PhD degree programs, such as undergraduate business (#15 among publics, #36 overall, Poets & Quants), full-time MBA (#36 among publics, #53 overall, US News & World Report), and online MBA (#1 in US, #3 globally, Financial Times).
Our increasingly diverse student body requires candidates who embrace inclusion, value achievement and integrity, and consistently engage collaboratively with our community. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and individuals with a commitment to mentoring those who have been historically under-represented in marketing and business. We strive to help all constituents reach their full potential, creating best-in-practice operations in support of faculty scholarship, fostering excellence in student experiences inside and outside our department.
Apply by September 24, 2021 in order to ensure priority consideration. The search may remain open until a suitable candidate pool has been identified, or the position is filled.
Applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement outlining research interests, accomplishments, and future goals
- Teaching statement describing teaching philosophy, relevant experience, and undergraduate and graduate courses you could teach, and may develop
- Statement of contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, identifying past experiences and future goals; these contributions may result from lived experiences, scholarships, and/or mentoring, teaching and outreach activities
- List of names and contact information for at least three professional references
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Aug 23 2021 Eastern Daylight Time