Executive Director for International Programs, Office of Graduate & International Programs - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsExecutive Director for International Programs, Office of Graduate & International Programs - Georgetown University Law Center
Tradition. Innovation. A superb faculty, hundreds of course offerings - and all of this just steps away from the Capitol and Supreme Court. Georgetown Law
is an exceptional institution in an enviable location.
The Executive Director for International Programs
oversees academic programming and student services for international students enrolled in Georgetown Law's JD and LL.M. programs, leads the international student services team in the Office of Graduate & International Programs, and ensures the coordination of services between the Office of Graduate & International Programs and other Law Center and University departments. The Executive Director determines the overall vision for the international student services team, sets team goals, and evaluates the success of those goals have been met.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Graduate & International Programs, the Executive Director for International Programs
has duties that include but are not limited to:Leadership
- Determines vision and establishes goals for the international team in collaboration with the Associate Dean and Assistant Dean for Graduate & International Programs.
- Directly supervises the Program Director for International Programs and two International Student Advisors.
- Regularly assesses the needs of international student programs and makes appropriate recommendations and requests.
- Advises Law Center leadership and administrators on policies and issues relating to international students.
- Assists with portions of Student Handbook affecting international students.
- Leads meetings for international student advisors across departments.
- Facilitates communication and coordinates workflow between departments supporting international law students.
- Communicates international team's technological and administrative needs to the Director of Operations.
- Develops and implements hiring, onboarding and evaluative processes for the international team per University guidance and best practices.
- Anticipates and requests appropriate resources to cover team's peak periods in the academic cycle.
- Collaborates with IST when new technology is introduced and coordinates training for relevant staff.
- Ensures representation of international student services team at inter-departmental and inter-campus meetings and committees.
- Works closely with Director of Operations and Program Coordinator to ensure information about international programs is accurately represented on Law Center and University websites, and in materials such as newsletters and emails.
- Efficiently conveys information to students, faculty and staff and streamlines phone and email communications directed to the international team.
- Collaborates with the Law Center Communications team on media requests and on materials for external audiences as needed.
- Develops efficient and effective process for international student advising.
- Provides team with resources and training on best practices in advising.
- Assesses quality of advising and provides appropriate and timely feedback.
- Serves as backup advisor during peak periods and as needed.
Current Georgetown Employees:
- J.D. or LL.M. degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experienced supervisory skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in project management and/or program administration
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2455268
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency