Director of Marketing and Digital EngagementPosition Number :
912002Vacancy Open to :
All Candidates Department :
UAH Alumni RelationsDepartment Homepage :
give.ecu.eduAdvertising Department :
ALUMNI RELATIONSDivision :
University Advancement Classification Title :
Director - Exec/AdminWorking Title :
Director of Marketing and Digital EngagementNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Non-FacultyJob Category :
Non-Faculty Instructional & ResearchOrganizational Unit Overview:
The East Carolina University Alumni Association is a nonprofit 501c3 charitable organization that exists to inform, involve, and serve members of the ECU family throughout their lifelong relationship with the university. Membership is open to any supporter of East Carolina UniversityJob Duties :
As a member of the ECU Alumni Association (ECUAA) team, the Director for Alumni Marketing and Communications is primarily responsible for developing a comprehensive, measurable and data-driven strategy to better connect and engage over 180,000 ECU alumni and friends around the world. The director will lead a team focused on execution, authentic messaging, and an overarching appreciation for our diverse and loyal alumni audience. Minimum Education/Experience :
Develop and Execute a Model Alumni Marketing Strategy (35%)
• Lead the Marketing and Communications Team in identifying core audience segments of the ECU Alumni Association
• Create layered strategies to penetrate identified market segments, utilizing digital, tactile, and social media assets
• Produce alumni marketing and communications collateral (email campaigns, newsletters, social posts, platform messaging, promotional items, mailers, solicitation letters, etc.) that achieve stated alumni engagement goals and objectives
• Update and maintain the ECU Alumni Association official website, www.PirateAlumni.com, including updated design, easy-to-navigate site layout and refreshed content and imagery.
• Illustrate timelines and goal dates through the production and upkeep of an annual marketing and communications calendar
• Implement an alumni marketing and communications strategy leveraged around proven techniques and concrete results
• Harness the power of creative story-telling to capture and reshare captivating accounts of ECU alumni across multiple channels
• Ensure consistency of tone and design in all alumni marketing, communications, branding and publications
• Work with the ECU Office of Annual Giving to develop and implement an annual donor stewardship plan, including former Life and Centennial Members of the ECU Alumni Association
Maintain Effective Internal Marketing and Communications Processes (30%)
• Oversee project workflow for internal projects
• Coordinate best use of Marketing and Communications Team resources
• Work with alumni outreach staff to efficiently execute alumni and campus partner marketing requests
• Fulfill marketing and communications requirements of all fully-executed affinity marketing, advertising and sponsorship agreements between the ECUAA and third parties.
Administration and Team Leadership (25%)
• Facilitate alumni data requests as needed through Advancement Services
• Assist the AVC in developing and managing annual budget allocations for association marketing and communications
• Manage and motive a highly effective team of direct report personnel
• Contribute to a positive team culture and a spirit of partnership
Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
• Attend and assist with alumni events as requested
• Maintain positive and professional relationships with key campus partners
• Support the mission of the ECU Alumni Association
• Represent East Carolina University in a professional manner at all times
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate high-performing staff teams, the experience to build a successful member relations program, the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituencies, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to identify and help secure mutually-beneficial partnerships for the alumni association and its members.License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
The successful candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, sales and marketing, education or related fields, a minimum of five progressive years’ experience in alumni relations, public relations, sales and marketing or non-profit organizations, and demonstrated capabilities in interpersonal communications and team leadership. A minimum of three years of relevant leadership experience in membership or affinity drive programs recognized for their strength of engagement and effectiveness.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
-A demonstrated ability to successfully manage a membership and affinity partnership program that is similar in scale and complexity to the alumni relations program at the University
-A high degree of comfort working with cultural diversity and an optimistic approach to work, supported by a strong work ethic and attention to detail
-A strong affinity for the institution and a capacity to be able to champion the University and its educational mission among its various constituents.
-Exceptional experience in fields such as educational advancement, not-for-profit administration, sales and marketing, and other client-centered professions.
-A collaborative leadership style that is well suited to management in a complex university setting
-An ability to manage effectively in a complex environment comprised of multiple constituencies
-Philosophically supportive of an integrated approach in advancement
-Creativity required introducing new ideas and incremental change balanced by a respect for traditions
-Intellectual curiosity and capacity to understand the full breadth of teaching, programs, and research, the ability to translate that understanding to the alumni and excellent written and oral communication skills.
-Exemplary interpersonal skills requiring experience working in a university environment
n/aPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
Additional experience specifically in alumni relations membership programs or other advancement areas including annual fund leadership, marketing or communicationsAdditional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
08/23/2021Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
09/07/2021Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.Eligibility for Employment :
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.