Sr. IACUC Compliance Coordinator OR IACUC Compliance Coordinator Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Health Sciences, Hospital Administration or Management, Business Management or related field with experience that involves quality assurance and regulatory compliance issues.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesPreferred Qualifications Degree from an accredited college or university in animal or biological sciences with business minor or comparable work experience.Responsibilities This position coordinates, implements, and oversees compliance/regulatory issues and policies relating to the animal care and use program at Augusta University. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with development and implementation of AU institutional policies and procedures to ensure continuous compliance with federal regulations and regulatory guidelines affecting animal care and use. Investigate and review current trends and policies of the agencies mandating such regulations, i.e. USDA, AAALAC, and OLAW.
- Provide information to faculty and staff as needed for special projects, such as grant writing and submission.
- Manage all administrative functions of the IACUC. Assist the IACUC chair in committee functions. Coordinate monthly meetings of the IACUC, prepare the agenda, distribute the minutes and provide written communication of outcome of AUP and amendment reviews to PIs.
- Plan and schedule the semi-annual program review, facilitates inspection and laboratory inspections. Provide appropriate documents and checklists, track completion of required corrective actions, Compile and finalize reports for Institutional official on behalf of the IACUC and ensure reports meet federal requirements.
- Communicate with Biological, Radiation and Chemical Safety to ensure that PIs using hazards have the necessary approvals. Assist in handling of amendments following grant congruency review and post approval monitoring inspections. Assist Grants and Contracts with protocol information and provide current letter of approval as needed.
- Review and approve minor amendments to protocols to add titles, personnel, increase of animal numbers (<10%) and all annual renewals for non-covered species. Review protocol submissions to ensure compliance with administrative requirements in advance of IACUC review.
- Train IACUC committee and sub-committee members, faculty and staff on the use of ESIRIUS. Provide direction to faculty and staff on animal use protocol applications and renewals and submission of amendments.
- Collaborate with other institutions regarding animal care and use program implementation of laboratory inspections or protocol submission as needed.
- Assist with development and monitoring of standard operating procedures for the AU animal care and use program. Ensure appropriate record keeping practices for compliance are followed and maintain documentation of such.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Pay Grade: 14 Salary: $36,197/Annually - $48,866/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.