Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Director of Rutgers Arts Online. The Director of Rutgers Arts Online, a division of Mason Gross School of the Arts that offers online courses in music, theater, dance, filmmaking, visual art, and design to approximately 7500 students annually across Rutgers and around the world, oversees its operations, budget, and personnel, directly supervising two full-time employees as well as managing and hiring part-time faculty.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Director works closely with school leadership and faculty across Mason Gross to develop curriculum, facilitate and improve online teaching and learning, and generally increase the excellence, visibility, and accessibility of online arts education across the university and beyond.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Overseeing the division’s daily operations.
- Maintaining (and developing as needed) and enforcing policies and procedures for faculty, staff, and students in Rutgers Arts Online courses and programs.
- Developing an annual budget and overseeing its implementation.
- Maintaining (or developing as needed) RAO’s organizational structure with well-defined and appropriate roles and responsibilities for each position.
- Overseeing the maintenance (or development as needed) of the course management systems or technological platforms needed for online instruction in keeping with best practices in the field.
- Entering RAO course information into the university’s scheduling system.
- Advertising RAO courses as appropriate in order to ensure a robust enrollment.
- Developing and initiating strategies to sustain and increase enrollment in RAO courses and programs.
- Training and overseeing development of RAO faculty and staff.
- Collecting and maintaining data on enrollment trends and student success, and conveying this data to school leadership.