: Enrollment ServicesLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Aug 12, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Call Center Agent provides excellent customer service to students, college employees, and the community at large by delivering comprehensive help regarding all aspects of college procedures, programs and services that pertain to the enrollment process. The role effectively communicates live as well as across digital platforms. This role answers questions, provides guidance, and connects with partners when appropriate.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and helpful information to students and the community via telephone as well as written and electronic communications (i.e., chat bot) by applying Federal, State, and College policies and procedures appropriately, and follows the guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). As appropriate, route inquiries to the appropriate person/department.
- Maintain the required knowledge about Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Records, Cashier, Testing and Academic Advising processes, as well as a basic understanding of other departments and areas around campus in order to serve as a primary campus resource for current and potential students.
- Train students virtually or in-person on how to use online enrollment services functions to support admission, registration, and payment activities. Educate students on how to access College information available on the internet.
- Coordinate services which connect students to meet with advisors or specialists from Academic Advising, the Career Center and other College departments as necessary.
- Display initiative and be proactive in helping students through the enrollment process.
- Assist with email and/or call campaigns to inform students about deadlines and other important enrollment-related information.
- Assist with the training and limited functional supervision of student employees.
- Assist with continuing assessment and evaluation of Enrollment Center processes. Provide suggestions to enhance the delivery of enrollment services information provided over the telephone and via the internet.
- Report website discrepancy problems to the computer technical support group. Follow-up and verify corrections or changes.
- Assist in maintaining student records including filing and scanning.
- Document student transactions via service log. Help maintain log and provide updates as needed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associates degree required or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Two years of customer service experience is required, preferably in higher education.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills are required. Incumbent must be able to give and receive advice and opinions and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity, patience, and tact.
- Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences, and to exhibit an adequate level of respect to fellow employees and the College community at large.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service and problem solving.
- Must be able to use the internet, Google suite, and student information database to retrieve and interpret data.
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus. Work is performed in a general office environment and sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Functional supervision is received from the Manager of Enrollment Services. Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Admission and Enrollment.
General supervision may be exercised over student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $42,223 Salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations
* Two positions are available
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.