: College RelationsLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Aug 10, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under supervision from the Senior Manager of Content Marketing, this position is responsible for a wide variety of functions that build and help deliver effective marketing and communications planning and execution, and successfully cultivate and manage key relationships with internal constituents and external partners.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as project manager to develop and implement marketing and communication plans for identified stakeholders and initiatives such as: athletics, student life, continuing education, performing arts center, museum, and student support services by using appropriate channels (social media, digital, presentations, direct mail, print, e-mail, etc.). Collaborate with Senior Manager of Content Marketing on institutional and departmental marketing campaigns and projects to achieve the institutional goals.
- Research, develop and write key messages and content that support overarching strategies through traditional, mass media, social, web and other digital communications. Edits copy submitted by clients. Support and promote the consistent use of Oakton's editorial and brand identity.
- Work with representatives from across the College to strategically develop initiatives, establish project timelines and manage projects from initiation to closure. Manage an extensive project list and ensure that materials are delivered according to scope and timeline and are on brand. Collaborate with the College Relations Team and campus client for successful project completion and focus on college priorities.
- Consult and provide the team with expert knowledge in current and new media formats and channels, especially digital, that advance Oakton's brand position and enrollment goals.
- Manage and optimize institutional organic social media channels on a daily basis, including targeted digital campaigns and initiatives, including the use of data to drive decisions. Use appropriate software and/or tools to create visually appealing and engaging content that impact brand awareness and enrollment growth.
- Analyze data to determine campaign and social media effectiveness and provide recommendations. Consistently review and present results to team and clients. Responsible for tracking and reporting on all applicable media.
- Achieve high-quality results on strict deadlines, interpret stakeholder needs and handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Able to look across the institution and make thoughtful recommendations about what content goes where and when. Work closely with the College Relations, Communications, and Advancement Department to support marketing and communications initiatives.
- Works with internal staff or external vendors to define selects and secure/purchase databases. Maintains and/or develops subscriber, inquiry or lead databases as necessary.
- Uses a project management system to manage project status.
- Research marketing and communications trends in higher education that will impact Oakton's brand position.
- Perform job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Three (3) years of marketing and communications experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write copy for multiple mediums; print and digital.
- Experience with strategic use of social media and other new media opportunities.
- Strong personal computer skills and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Solid experience proofreading and editing and working knowledge of AP style.
- Detail-orientated, creative, multi-tasking and flexible individual.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students.
- Considerable knowledge of project management practices and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening, organizational and writing skills.
- Master's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- Five years or more of marketing and communications experience.
- Experience with email systems and email communication strategies (Constant Contact, My Emma, mail chimp, etc.)
- Experience with digital assets management and/or project management systems.
Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office environment and is sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Marketing. Functional supervision is received from the Senior Manager of Content Marketing.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: 52,592 - Starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.