: Human ResourcesLocations:
: Des Plaines / Skokie, ILPosted:
: Aug 23, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Collection Site Lead & Greeter
Collection Site Lead Job Details:
1) If you are assigned to the role of Collection Site Lead, at the beginning of the first shift, pick up the electronic supplies from the main entrance.
2) Locate the supplies stored at the site.
3) Check-in with each staff member at the beginning of their shift to make sure they are clear about their roles.
4) Ensure that the site is set and that all tables and signage are in place.
5) Make sure that saliva tubes are replenished at each registration table and that biohazard or sealable bags are ready at collection.
6) Assist in providing direction to site staff and to patients in various lines.
7) Provide additional direction to make sure social distancing is maintained and answer questions.
8) Remind patients in line to have their ID ready.
9) Clean tables at least once each hour using the sanitizing spray and paper towels provided. Properly dispose used paper towels.
10) Make sure the saliva sample tubs are labeled with biohazard stickers and have a small slip of paper with the tube account attached to the top.
11) Give the driver the tub of saliva samples (ensuring it is properly labeled and cleaned) when they arrive on their route.
12) Cover the functions of other staff to allow time for breaks and lunches. Manage the scheduling of lunches and breaks.
13) Reinforce, correct, and model good site behaviors.
14) At the end of the day, clean all tables and chairs with disinfectant.
15) Other lot leads should bring electronic equipment to designated buildings to be stored and secured. All other locations have storage inside the buildings where electronic equipment and supplies should be stored.
16) Lock tables, chairs, signs, and black storage lockers using the cables provided.
17) If nearby building access has been provided, make sure the building is closed and locked.
- Oversees the building entrances, monitoring process and traffic flow and guidance of individuals entering the facility.
- Verifies as individuals enter the buildings, they have completed the required screening protocols through a verbal or written verification.
- Provides masks as needed. Educates those desiring to enter facilities on the practices and protocols for entry and re-entry.
- Documents and maintains compiled screening information as necessary. Reports to manager or identified supervisor the escalation of any issues or concerns and identifies person(s) who do not pass screening and/or compliance screening requirement guidelines per approved protocols.
- Responsible for light sanitation to maintain the area within current CDC and IDPH guidelines.
- Completes required training and keeps abreast of updated internal instructions, processes, protocols and CDC and/or regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with employees, students and visitors.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Must be 18 years of age or older and successfully complete a background screening.
Customer Service Skills
1-2 years of previous job-related experience
This position is part time work, with flexible shifts available seven days a week, including evenings and weekends. This position is temporary.
*Masks and gloves will be provided to all workers.
Salary: $21 per hour - Collection Site Lead
Salary: $16 per hour - Greeter
hours are 8am-2pm. MR in DP, WF in Skokie.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.