: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Aug 12, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Provide administrative and office support services to the Athletics department in addition to helpful guidance for students, employees, and community members. Exercise discretion in the handling of confidential records and appropriately apply established policies and procedures while providing excellent customer support.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist visitors in-person, via the office main phone line & fax, and via email including answering basic questions, gathering and giving materials, escalating to a team member, or directing visitor to a different department. Respond to and escalate inquiries, problems, and complaints from the College community.
- Maintain digital content across several platforms (Team Snap, Healthy Rosters, Twitter, etc) including, but not limited to, updating/posting schedules, rosters, pictures, and other content. Collaborate with larger Athletics team on narrative content creation.
- Assist in the onboarding and support of coaches and other Athletics team members such as training on systems, ordering supplies, and updating websites.
- Coordinate billing and payment activities such as voucher/invoice processing, coordinating event contracts, and scheduling vendors.
- Organize, maintain, and update files and records in accordance with confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Assist in department activities such as scheduling team meetings, maintaining calendars, ordering supplies, as well coordinating events (both on campus and off), and event set up.
- Perform other job related duties as directed.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- High school education or an equivalent combination of training and experience from which similar ability can be acquired is necessary.
- Three years general office experience with one year of responsible general administrative and office support services is necessary. Experience in athletics, higher education, and/or a sports recreation setting preferred.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required. Intermediate level of word processing (Microsoft Word preferred) and intermediate spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred) skills are required.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deliver services in an environment where there is an emphasis on customer service is required. Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences, and to exhibit a high level of respect to fellow employees and the College community at large.
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize is required.
- Previous writing experience preferred.
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office environment and is generally sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Ability to work flexible hours at both the Des Plaines and Skokie campuses and off site locations, including evening and weekend hours, consistent with Athletics program needs.
Functional supervision is received from the Senior Manager of Athletics. Administrative supervision is received from the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs / Dean of Access, Equity, and Diversity.
Exercise functional supervision of and student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $39,231 Salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate and Mask Requirement.
Oakton Community College does not currently have a work form home policy and employees, are required to report to campus.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.