Assistant Professor, Data Science/StatisticsAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
S&E - Math/Statistics SciencesProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics in the College of Science and Engineering invites applications for a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor position in Data Science to begin in the fall of 2022. The department seeks a dynamic colleague committed to fostering teaching and research excellence and student development in a program that values creativity, collaboration, learner-centered pedagogy, and diversity. The new faculty member will join a collaborative group of 25 mathematics, statistics, data science, and mathematics education faculty who serve the entire campus community.
The successful candidate will support the BS in Mathematics, and proposed MS and Ph.D. programs in Data Science, maintain an active research agenda, and supervise graduate students. Faculty actively supporting PhD students teach 6 contact hours per semester. We expect that new faculty to be successful in scholarly activities through publications, grant writing, and collaboration with the faculty in our department, college, and university. Primary teaching responsibilities will be teaching mathematics/statistics/data science courses at different levels. Other duties include service at the department, college, and university level as well as the service to the professional community.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics in the College of Science and Engineering prepares the University's students to use mathematics, statistics, and upcoming field of data science intelligently in their chosen fields of study and to understand mathematics/statistics/data science as it affects their lives and participation in public affairs. The Department participates in interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs offered by the College and is currently developing its own interdisciplinary MS and Ph.D. programs in Data Science.
The BS in Mathematics as well as the MS in Mathematics Program with its three tracks focused on Applied Mathematics, Statistics, and Math Education, provides their students with preparation for careers in education, science, and commerce, as well as a solid foundation for further study in several disciplines. Our Department is active in a variety of research areas across statistics/data science/ mathematical disciplines, including Big Data, Circular Statistics, Spatial Statistics, Time Series, Missing Data, Applied Statistics, Machine Learning, Dimensionality Reduction, Network Analysis, Statistical Genomics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Mathematical Modeling Analysis, Ring Theory, Modeling, Differential Equations, Fluid Dynamics, Elasticity, Electro and Magneto- Statics, Porous Media, Fracture Theory, Optimal Control, and Mathematics Education. We also serve our community by providing expertise to local schools, industries, and businesses.
- Ph.D. in Data Science, or closely related fields such as Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics with research relevant to Data Science.
- Strong record of publications in Data Science or closely related fields according to years of experience.
- Evidence of effective classroom instruction for undergraduate and/or graduate courses.
- Ability or potential to supervise MS theses, Ph.D. dissertations and/or postdocs.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience working with grants or evidence of successful grant writing
- Experience and interest in service.
- Evidence of ability to work with diverse student populations at the college level.
TO APPLY: https://www.tamucc.edu/human-resources/careers
All requested documents must be uploaded to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. Letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position.
2. Current curriculum vitae.
3. A statement of research and teaching philosophy.
4. A list of three professional references with names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses-including a current or previous supervisor.
5. Copies of unofficial transcripts of all graduate coursework.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Applicants are encouraged to apply by September 30, 2021.
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are specially encouraged to apply.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Professor--Data-Science-Statistics_R-040883
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency