Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
University PoliceProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
This position provides security on-campus and off-campus of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi and ensures the policies for the satellite buildings, and the policies set forth by Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi are being followed within the facility that they are assigned to.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide security on campus and at off campus locations owned or controlled by the university by patrolling areas on foot, cart, or motor vehicle.
- Observe and report irregularities such as safety hazards, security breaches, and emergency situations.
- Assist with unlocking and locking doors and buildings.
- Enforce parking rules and regulations and issue citations to those in violation.
- Provide assistance to motorists needing help with problems such as keys locked in cars or jumpstarts. Provide information to the public regarding parking regulations, locations of parking lots, streets, and buildings.
- Secure parking lots for special events by setting up barricades. Maintain security of lot.
- Assist other divisions within the University Police Department when requested. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six (6) months of related experience.
- Basic skills using computers and knowledge in the use of hand tools.
- Able to work outside in various weather conditions.
- Able to work shift work and able to frequently lift and/or move twenty pounds.
- One (1) year of related security experience.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Security-Officer_R-040538-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency