Professional Assistant Professor, Biomedical SciencesAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
S&E - Life SciencesProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Department of Life Sciences in the College of Science & Engineering invites applications for a non-tenure track Professional Assistant Professor of Biomedical Sciences to begin spring 2022. We seek a faculty member who will contribute to the undergraduate programs in biomedical science. This position provides opportunities to teach other courses in the applicant's area of expertise. The successful candidate will be asked to contribute with other departmental faculty in serving on pre-professional committees such as the Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC), Joint Admissions Medical Program (JAMP) and the Partnership for Primary Care (PPC). This position is also expected to teach upper division undergraduate courses in biomedical sciences. The teaching assignment for professional assistant faculty in the Department of Life Sciences is 5:5 courses per academic year.
The Department of Life Sciences has 29 tenured or tenure-track faculty, 5 professional track faculty and over 1,200 science majors. It offers B.S. degrees in Biology, Biomedical Science, and Clinical Laboratory Science, M.S. degrees in Biology, Marine Biology, and Fisheries & Mariculture, and a Ph.D. in Marine Biology. The selected faculty will be housed in a new state-of-the-art three-story building, Tidal Hall, which supports 9 instructional labs and 34 research labs.
- Doctoral degree in Biology or related field.
- Experience teaching at the university level.
- Ability to work effectively with others and demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Experience in teaching genetics, anatomy and physiology, and/or endocrinology.
- Experience advising students interested in pursuing health related careers.
- Experience with outreach and coordination with medical professionals in the community.
- Ability to perform other duties such as pre-professional advising.
TO APPLY: https://hr.tamucc.edu/careers/index.html
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2453411&targetURL=https://hr.tamucc.edu/careers/index.html">https://hr.tamucc.edu/careers/index.html
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. Cover letter describing interest in the position.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. A statement for each of following: (1) teaching philosophy, (2) teaching interest and (3) commitment to diversity and inclusion.
4. Copies of unofficial transcripts of graduate coursework.
5. Copies of teaching evaluations, if available.
6. Four professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist is selected. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Questions can be addressed to Dr. Ivy Jones at 361-825-3259 or [email protected]
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Professional-Assistant-Professor--Biomedical-Sciences_R-039240-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency