St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the positions of Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will provide a wide range of high-level administrative and executive support to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant is a professional staff member that will provide a combination of project management, communication, research and analysis, as well as other administrative support. This individual is flexible and can accommodate shifting priorities while working with minimal supervision, exercising independent judgment, and maintaining confidentiality. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: effectively managing all administrative support aspects of the Office of the President; providing direct administrative support and calendar management to the President; event management for engagements sponsored by the Office of the President; and effectively and diplomatically managing communications and issues of a highly sensitive and confidential nature. The incumbent will be required to interact on a daily basis with the President, senior leadership within the university as well as the President's external contacts. May receive and screen communications to the President and Chief of Staff, including telephone calls and e-mail messages, and aid or respond using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention and/or directing inquiries completely and appropriately. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
A. Calendar Management
- Effectively manage calendar for the President (and others as necessary), including scheduling and screening appointments, meetings, and events.
- Develop and/or manage various filing systems to prepare the President for all events.
- Prepare, compile and manage background materials and information for internal and external appointments and meetings; ensure materials are timely, current, and available in advance of meetings.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements as needed.
B. Administrative Support
- Manage incoming communications to the Office of the President, routing and responding as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate filing systems to ensure the organization of all files in the Office of the President.
- Conduct research, assemble and analyze information to draft correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Provide support for and/or manage drafting and proofreading correspondence, reports and other materials.
- Assist in duties related to the Board of Trustees, including taking meeting minutes; arranging conference space, meals, and materials, and corresponding with Board members.
- Prepare routine financial transactions and reports according to University policies and procedures.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Provide other administrative support as necessary.
C. Office Management
- Manage front-desk operations to ensure: 1) welcoming and professional reception for visitors to the President's Suite; 2) effective management of simultaneous visitors, calls and office requests with excellent customer service.
- Manage office operations including supplies management, equipment management and repair, mail processing and tracking, records management and archiving.
- Manage the scheduling of the President's Conference Room and Bain Board Room.
- Oversee and coordinate all activities related to facilities management for the Office of the President.
- Manage vehicle maintenance for the President.
- Manage student assistants as needed.
D. Meeting and Event Management
- Plan and coordinate events and meetings hosted by the President and COS, to include scheduling venues, tech support, food and beverage service, and managing other logistics.
- Assist in supporting Board of Trustees meetings, President's Fall and Spring Meetings, and other events and meetings as assigned.
, the successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience plus at least three years of progressively responsible administrative secretarial/office management required. Additional qualifications include:
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)Sun Life Financial Dental PlanSun Life Financial Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and able to set priorities; must be able to deal with sensitive matters in a tactful and highly confidential manner.
- Very strong interpersonal skills are required to work with a broad range of internal and external constituencies. Knowledge of protocol required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements
- Ability to comply with workforce guidelines and attendance requirements (required)
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check (required)
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency