Assistant to the President
Office of the President SUPERVISOR:
Chief of Staff APPOINTMENT:
Administrative Non-Exempt, Part-time, Twenty-five (25) hours per week, Twelve (12) months STARTING SALARY:
$21.38 per hour INTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
One (1) year AVAILABLE:
Immediately POSTING DATE:
August 20, 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open until filledDESCRIPTION:
Under general supervision, provides confidential-level administrative and clerical support to the Office of the President in handling the productive flow and efficient operation of the office, keeping services at expected level, and provide great customer service.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Staffs the front desk and reception area in the President's Office and serves as the primary office receptionist, which requires a high degree of tact and professionalism. Front desk duties include: handling incoming calls and visits from members of the Board of Trustees, dignitaries, administrators, faculty, staff, students, alumni and visitors; greeting visitors and keeping the appointment flow running smoothly and efficiently; initiating calls for the President; and performing general office duties.
- Handles, in conjunction with the Senior Executive Assistant, planning and logistical tasks for a variety of special events such as commencements; special meetings; new student orientation week; and dignitary visits. This includes tasks such as: reserving rooms; catering; transportation; selection and purchase of for gifts; degree framing; regalia coordination; regular communication and coordination with various offices on campus; and supporting the President and Chief of Staff as requested.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the office including filing; preparing purchasing orders and check requests; reimbursements; supplemental pay timesheet; processing out-going mail; processing incoming mail (opens, sorts, date stamps, screens, and distributes); monitoring and ordering of all office supplies and office stationery; and completing office errands as needed.
- Serves as the primary backup for managing the President's calendar and briefing materials, prepares daily meeting folders, and scheduling meetings.
- Maintains office confidence and safeguards operations by keeping highly sensitive information confidential.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following: Experience/Training/Education
- Requires a high school diploma supplemented by two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in a related field such as business, general office, or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs and three (3) years of related experience in a similar position.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods, and techniques and Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Excellent organizational and verbal communication skills; maintaining confidential information; and a high degree of professionalism and tact; sort and file documents; and operate Microsoft Office suite of products, facsimile, and copier.
- The successful candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- The ideal candidate will possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times. Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities. This is primarily a light office classification with employees working in a controlled office environment. Incumbents answer telephones and occasionally bends, reach, and pushes and pulls file drawers to file records and reports. Moves within the building and around campus; may require moving boxes of files; uses a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
A resume/CV and cover letter are required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040. INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19:
New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or submitting an exemption request for medical, religious, or other reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=6e7df75a-a428-4518-acc5-8869911d5700
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency