Administrative Manager, Center for Social Mobility & Prosperity
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Administrative Manager, Center for Social Mobility & ProsperityJob Profile Title
Associate Director CJob Description Summary
Housed at the School of Social Policy and Practice at the University of Pennsylvania, a new, first-of-its-kind initiative to move people from poverty to prosperity is being launched by Senior Executive Fellow and former Mayor of Philadelphia Michael Nutter. The initiative's model consists of two separate, but interdependent elements that will shape public policy and drive capital to community-based solutions: The Partnership for Social and Economic Mobility + the Social Mobility Impact Fund.
Designed to provide localized and actionable information to guide practice, policy, and investment decisions, the Partnership for Social and Economic Mobility (the Partnership) is powered by three respected academic institutions. University of Pennsylvania, Johnson C. Smith University, and Columbia University have come together to form a collective research agenda focused on social and economic mobility and scaling solutions in that arena. The eventual Center for Social Mobility & Prosperity, which will serve as a think and do tank, will house the Partnership at Penn.
The Social Mobility Impact Fund, which is housed outside of University of Pennsylvania, will invest in, accelerate and incubate community-based solutions informed by the Partnership's research.
This integral position will provide day-to-day operations management for all activities of the Partnership for Social and Economic Mobility and the Center. Working closely with directors, PIs, faculty, staff across SP2, U Penn, the Partnership universities, and other external stakeholders such as the Social Mobility Impact Fund, this individual will anticipate, execute, and manage to ensure operational excellence.
Position contingent upon funding.Job Description
Manage schedules and event calendars for the Partnership and Center. Schedule ad hoc meetings, advisory council, research committees, and other meetings that support the operations of the center.
Responsible for management and logistics of virtual and in-person events, including but not limited to securing and managing technology needs; following up with event speakers; selecting venues and hotels;; overseeing the internal and external reimbursement processes; and anticipating challenges and problem solving. Facilitates contracts and agreements between Center or the Partnership and consultants, vendors, funders, and others, ensuring reviews and signatures are executed according to timelines.
Maintain day-to-day budget and operations responsibility. Manage and track all grants, spending, and ensure accurate allocation of costs against accounts. Conduct billing, invoicing, account reconciliation related to outside consultants, contract staff, and vendors. Lead monthly spending reviews with Partnership and Center leadership and SP2 business office. Anticipate and flag issues, and recommend solutions to resolve them. In collaboration with SP2 business and finance team, Partnership and Center directors, develops and tracks Center budget and ensures grants compliance on quarterly and annual basis. Manages and executes protocols and payments to research subjects.
In concert with the center's communications lead, create, edit, code and upload center website content; maintain an updated website. Monitor social media and draft social media posts.
Collaborates with Directors on grant writing, proposal narrative and budget development, and other fundraising efforts. This includes assisting with creating grant budgets, coordinating with external research partners, and directly communicating with funders as needed.
Translate reports, data and other content, into creative PowerPoint and other visual presentations.
Manage and maintain Contact Management System for the Partnership and center, ensuring consistent protocols, and that contacts are up-to-date for communications. Manage and create emails, newsletters, invitations, and other correspondence to Partnership and Center followers, stakeholders, collaborators, to communicate and disseminate the work, events, activities, and opportunities generated. Draft language (or oversee student workers), create templates for communications/newsletters, and merge content into them. Upload content to the website, monitor and respond to, or direct to others on the team, website emails and requests received.
Provide direct administrative support to the Partnership and Center leadership. Manage and oversee all aspects of scheduling, securing briefing or preparation materials ahead of calls and meetings, preparing presentations as needed, and making complex domestic and international travel arrangements. This includes regular correspondence and communication with high-level internal and external stakeholders.
Maintains excellent, collaborative, and trusting relationships across Penn, SP2, with Partner institutions, the Social Mobility Impact Fund and others. In particular, maintains strong relationships and regular communications with OGC, Research Services, IRB, HR, Finance, IT and the Dean's office.
Perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. High performing operations and administrative professional. The successful candidate is one who can navigate organizations, enjoys managing projects, builds and maintains trusted relationships, and is a problem-solver. The candidate has strong attention to details and deadlines, but is comfortable in start-up environments and is flexible in navigating ambiguous situations. The person is skilled at building and managing budgets, accounting, reconciliation, and ensuring payments are made. The person is also savvy with, and able to command at complex levels, communications technology, Office suite of software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, among others), website content management, and contact management systems... Effective communicator with great writing skills.
Excellence, accountability, and a commitment to bettering lives, are the standard for our team.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Social Policy and PracticePay Range
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Sch-PubPol-Caster-Building/Administrative-Manager--Center-for-Social-Mobility---Prosperity_JR00038130-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency