The Cleveland Institute of Art invites applications for the position of Director of Admissions. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management & Marketing, the Director of Admissions oversees the short- and long-term planning, as well as day-to-day implementation, of all prospective student recruitment and engagement practices including the college’s application and acceptance processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership, training, and supervision, of CIA’s Office of Admissions staff.
- Development and execution of the college’s recruitment plans, including all travel, outreach, and communication planning.
- Effective planning, collaboration, and coordination with CIA’s Office Manager & Event Coordinator, Director of Admissions Systems & Data, Director of Financial Aid, and Director of Enrollment Marketing.
- Routine analysis and reporting of current and historical admissions data.
- Oversight of the Office of Admissions’ policies and practices, including acceptance and scholarship processing, as informed by NACAC’s Code of Ethics.
- Management of on-campus recruitment events, portfolio review days, campus visits, and tours.
- Allocation of the college’s admissions budget, including expenses for travel and recruitment.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing.
- Strong written, administrative, and analytical skills are highly recommended
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- A strong organizational skillset, with keen attention to detail and effective time management, is highly recommended
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in higher education with supervisory experience is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal laws and ethical practices in higher education, with an emphasis on recruitment and enrollment policy and practice.
HOW TO APPLY:
Position is open until filled with priority consideration given for applications received by September 10, 2021. To apply please visit https://jobapply.page.link/GtFe
Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, CIA complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students, and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity or national origin.
The Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation's leading accredited independent colleges of art and design. Since 1882, the college has been an educational cornerstone in Cleveland, Ohio, producing graduates competitive as studio artists, designers, photographers, contemporary craftsmen, and educators.
With approximately 600 students, CIA offers a personal educational experience with the benefits of a larger institution. Students choose from 15 majors and live and work in Cleveland’s University Circle, one of the country’s most unique cultural centers—recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the 10 prettiest communities in the country.