Electronics Technician II - Applied Engineering Technologies
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionPosition Summary The College of Southern Nevada, North Las Vegas Campus, is recruiting for an ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN II to support operations in the Engineering Technologies (ET) Program.
- The Electronics Technician II will be primarily positioned at the North Las Vegas campus but will be required to travel to and from the Henderson Campus on occasion.
- The Electronics Technician II will prepare, maintain, troubleshoot, and fix specialized Engineering Technologies lab equipment.
- The Electronics Technician II will provide technical support for lab operations of scheduled and open ET Labs. They will support instructors and students with RF devices, RADAR systems, various engineering technology trainers, microwave components, electrical theory, principles and practices to include AC/DC, solid state, integrated circuits, microprocessor devices, conventional symbols and sources of information; electronic components, color codes and power ratings.
- The Electronics Technician II will operate electrical and mechanical tools and equipment such as signal generators, micrometers, thermometers, digital multimeters, pressure and vacuum gauges, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, computers and other equipment. They will install, align and troubleshoot laboratory, research, computer, and other aviation training equipment; referring to technical manuals as required.
- Associate's degree in electronics or closely related field from an accredited college or technical school and two years of experience performing electronic technician work involving the installation, maintenance, calibration, repair and modification of a variety of electrical and computerized equipment; OR two years of experience as an Electronics Technician I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Starting SalaryGrade 31, Step 1 - $43,346.88Per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC 284.170), salaries for initial appointments for classified positions typically begin at Step 1. The College of Southern Nevada offers a competitive benefits package, including an excellent PERS retirement plan (a defined benefit plan), generous vacation & sick benefits, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and a choice between three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.Exempt
- Ability to explain electronic theory to students and assist students in building and testing electronic circuits in an open lab setting
- Experience maintaining test equipment to support labs including repair and testing
- Experience with electronic equipment and parts inventory to support electronic labs
100.0%Required Attachment(s)To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
Local SearchOut of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTECSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
01/1/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Electronics-Technician-II---Applied-Engineering-Technologies_R0119938-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency