Outreach and Programming Librarian
St. Edward's University
Outreach and Programming Librarian
St. Edward's University's Munday Library is looking for a collaborative, dedicated, creative, and conscientious person to join our small team. We seek applicants with a passion for innovation and providing the best possible patron experiences.
Munday Library is the heart of the University's intellectual experience. We inspire our students to be lifelong learners and are committed to supporting their work and growth. In addition, we offer robust research assistance to our diverse faculty. We acquire, preserve, and facilitate the use of credible resources, teach the effective use of information, support the discovery, analysis, and creation of knowledge, develop innovative services, and apply new information technologies to achieve a single overarching purpose: to serve the needs of our users.
With primary focuses on programming, outreach, marketing, and community engagement, this position will depend on creativity and commitment to service. The successful candidate will aspire to develop innovative approaches to outreach and programming and cultivate and celebrate the centrality of the Library to campus research and scholarship. This full-time position reports to the Library Director. Available immediately. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, develop, manage, and evaluate a full schedule of diverse programming, in collaboration with library staff
- Serve as point of contact for campus outreach events
- Maintain a regular, robust, and engaging social media presence for the library
- Actively market library programming and services through both internal and external channels
- Address patron requests as needed via in-person visits, telephone, and email
- Engage with faculty, students, and staff to provide library services, which may include research assistance, library instruction, and collection development
- Create and maintain digital learning objects, such as knowledge base articles and research guides
- Participate in internal and external university committees
- Other duties as assigned
, ALA-accredited Master's degree in library or information science or foreign equivalent
- Minimum one year experience with public-facing services in libraries
- Relevant experience in programming, event-planning, and marketing
- Demonstrated project management experience, including the ability to prioritize, set goals, and meet deadlines
- Experience with social media platforms and knowledge of social media trends
- Sincere enthusiasm for community building and engagement
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills including a professional, positive, and approachable demeanor
- A genuine interest in collaboration with a passionate team of dedicated colleagues
- A genuine passion for working with students
- Ability to be a supervisor and mentor to student employees
- Excellent research skills and familiarity with a wide range of information resources
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours as needed to meet the demands of our primary user groups
- Personal commitment to supporting and advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices for producing and publishing online content
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)Sun Life Financial Dental PlanSun Life Financial Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
- Experience with Canvas, or equivalent LMS
- Experience with CRM or help desk systems, such as Salesforce or Zendesk
- Experience using and teaching standard technology supported by academic libraries, such as Adobe Creative Suite, citation management tools, analytic software, and others
- Basic web editing skills
- Basic graphic design skills
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020137
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency