Learning, Development and Training Specialist
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Learning, Development and Training SpecialistState Job Title:
Staff Assistant Department:
Human ResourcesJob Code:
Full-Time Temporary Timeframe:
46 Weeks Shift:
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. Regular Days Off:
Saturday and Sunday Supervision Received:
The COVID-19 Learning, Development and Training Specialist reports to the Director of Human Resources and the Interim-Associate Vice President of Human Resources, and also works closely with the Covid-19 Manger Supervision Exercised:
May supervise a graduate assistant, traineeship staff, and/or student workers.Salary:
$48,653.85 w/ Start date of 09/12/2021 General Statement of Duties:
The Learning, Development and Training Specialist creates, manages, and implements University training programs for employees on COVID policies, procedures, and related health and safety training utilizing internal and external resources; maintains metrics and reporting mechanism to track progress of employee COVID training; works with department managers to identify individual and department training needs; coordinates third-party vendor training, and administers and evaluates third-party vendors for programs and instructional classes; maintains employee certification database, and instructs employees in a variety of courses. Assists with the implementation and facilitation of a variety of learning, development and onboarding activities across the campus, specifically as it related to COVID health education and the new processes. Provides administrative support and oversee the logistical details of COVID health and safety training, and the development of COVID-related programs.Duties and Responsibilities:Essential: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop a suite of training topics to enhance employee knowledge, skill and performance in their roles.
- Coordinate and participate in development, implementation and presentation of in-house training and development programs.
- Assist in identifying training needs, implement specialized training classes, evaluate current training programs, and present recommendations to supervisors.
- Work with department managers to identify individual and departmental training needs.
- Perform a variety of professional and technical tasks; support full cycle of learning management and talent management systems.
- Act as liaison/consultant and coach between employees and management.
- Deliver courses and materials in a variety of formats, including e learning, distance learning and in-person courses.
- Maintain metrics and reporting data; create and maintain training related materials.
- Design, develop and implement learning and development strategies for employees.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with logistical details associated with the design, development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive, campus-wide, learning, development and onboarding program that includes blended courses, events, series and team-based learning.
- Develop and maintain the learning and development cycle of events; manage the learning and development calendar; secure space for trainings, meetings, and conferences using the University event management system.
- Assist with logistics pertaining to the hiring and onboarding processes.
- Oversee the collaborative efforts between Human Resources, department heads/chairs, and administrators to understand objectives and analyze talent needs for workforce effectiveness.
- Create content and make updates to guides, the Human Resources website, portal and social media presence.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities; stay abreast of advances in learning technologies, tools, and delivery programs, and be a champion for continuous learning and performance improvement.
- Provide exceptional customer service; assist staff and faculty with issues pertaining to participating in on-line training and recruitment software.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, human resources, education or related field.
- Three years of experience in Human Resources Management or other related field.
- Minimum of three years of training management experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience working across environments with diverse constituent groups.
- Proficient in MS office applications; knowledge of Banner and event management software; knowledge of social media and online organization tools.
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience.
- Ability to set priorities and to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple projects and activities with varied deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and strategically in a team.
- Ability to anticipate and manage politically sensitive issues and maintain strict confidentiality.
For the majority of new employees, the minimum starting salary will apply. Specific salary for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining and state policies and procedures.
State job specifications for this position may be found at the department of higher education website: http://www.mass.edu/foremployees/classificationspecs/classspecs-pers.aspDisability Accommodations:
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.Background Check:
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
Application Instructions:An on-line application is required
. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected. NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=135453&CNTRNO=16&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency