How have YOU
impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.The Admissions Data Specialist
supports the admissions operations for the School of Medicine. The specialist is responsible for reviewing, organizing, analyzing and reporting application data to internal and external constituents. Works closely with the Director of Admissions to improve processes and procedures based on data driven recommendations. Serves as the point of contact for system development projects and testing for the office.This is a hybrid position located in Nutley, NJ.
Join us on a virtual tour of the School of Medicine!
A day in the life of an Admissions Data Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health
- Reviews and evaluates application credentials and analyzes applicants' academic record for adherence to the minimum admissions standards as set by the SOM.
- Compiles, analyzes and interprets various admissions data for reports, and presentations.
- Provides data-driven recommendations to assist with the overall development and improvement of admissions policies and procedures.
- Attends SOM Data Governance and IQI committee meetings on behalf of Admissions.
- Serves as a liaison between AAMC and SOM to ensure efficiency through creative technical solutions that improve the application process.
- Works closely with HMH IT on system development projects, reporting, system integrations, testing, documentation and training.
- Maintains all database and software systems used to facilitate the admissions process such as WebAdmit and PeopleSoft Campus Solution.
- Assist the Director with developing and implementing a plan to recruit a diverse pool of potential applicants based on
- Represents the institution at recruitment events, open houses, fairs and information sessions.
- Communicates with and advises prospective applicants on application-related questions and issues.
- May provide coaching, and/or mentoring to administrative assistant/s and coordinator/s.
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsKnowledge, Education and Skills Required:
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency using Zoom and Google platform.
- Advanced user of Google Sheets and knowledge of working with quantitative data and performing statistical analysis.
- Demonstration of exceptional interpersonal skills in coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve complex objectives
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to manage a workload of diverse tasks and organize and prioritize work flow to meet deadlines.
- Master’s degree
- Prior work experience with a medical school or health professional program.
- Significant experience working with data and statistical analysis.
- Experience providing administrative support in University/College level preferred.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solution.
- Experience with WebAdMIT application system.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.