Job location: Ocala Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University, Florida's oldest Catholic education institution in the Benedictine tradition, currently enrolls more than 12,000 students in 16 regional centers throughout Florida and the Southeastern United States. The College of Education and Social Services is seeking candidates for a full-time, 12-month/8-week release time (1 term), faculty position to teach students in our Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education programs at our Ocala Education Center. The Center is located on 1930 SW 38th Avenue in Ocala, Florida.
Duties and Tasks:
- Teach 8 undergraduate courses to include reading, elementary methods, early childhood courses and supervision. 2 course release may be granted for other responsibilities.
- Advise elementary, middle/secondary, and early childhood education majors and assist in recruiting at local school districts for on-ground center program and online program
- Serve as administrator for the Early Childhood online program
- Serve on university-wide committees
- Develop curriculum guides and monitor standard syllabi
- Participate in Florida Department of Education accreditation processes
- Collaborate with district Elementary schools on service learning and professional development
- Assist in training adjunct faculty
- Collaborate with education team on campus or at an education center
- Work cooperatively with center staff
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Earned doctorate in Education
- Credentials to teach in elementary education and early childhood
- Knowledge of higher education, Early Childhood, K-6 education goals and state standards
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to use technology to enhance learning
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to take on diverse roles and multi-task
- Must be self-motivated and maintain confidentiality of information
In addition to your curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing the remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less), should highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – All letters of recommendation should be professional references and at least one (1) from a recent superior. If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum) – Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
All official transcripts must be requested from the universities and/or colleagues attended and/or certified transcript evaluations/translations from World Education Services (WES) to be sent to the attention of Veronica Mantegna by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hardcopy to the following address:
ATTN: VERONICA MANTEGNA
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS – MC 2006
SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY
PO BOX 6665
SAINT LEO, FLORIDA 33574
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period