Campaign Marketing Specialist Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
700 # of Openings:
1 Campaign Marketing Specialist Job Overview
The Campaign Marketing Specialist directly reports to the Director of Marketing Communications, who oversees marketing and branding for the College, with a “dotted line” relationship to the Campaign Director. While a member of the Marketing Communications and Campaign teams, it is essential that this individual also has a strong working relationship with the Annual Giving, Development, Gift Planning Services, and other teams and individuals who serve as stakeholders for the fundraising priorities of the new capital campaign. The position’s primary responsibilities are to develop and execute measurably successful marketing and communication strategies that enhance the new campaign fundraising efforts while aligning with and reinforcing the brand of Wheaton College. Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Collaborates closely with the Campaign Director on strategy, project management, and copywriting and promotes synergy in communications and marketing efforts.
- Develops brand and style guide for the new Faithfully Forward capital campaign in collaboration with the Campaign Director.
- Develops and implements marketing strategies for the campaign, measuring and testing them for maximum effectiveness.
- Collaborates with Campaign Director and Director of Marketing Communications to research, vet, and select any outside vendors needed for marketing, web/digital media/social media, and video production services needed during the campaign.
- Manages projects and writes campaign copy for fundraising brochures, campaign events collateral and presentations, direct mail campaigns, print and electronic newsletters, ads, letters, postcards, emails, etc. in partnership with the Campaign Director.
- Generates and manages content for the new campaign on the main Wheaton College website (as needed) and the future developed campaign-specific website.
- Attends Development, Campaign, and Marketing meetings as needed to best address current marketing needs and strategies.
- Creates media and print communication tools for Regional Director donor visits, focused on campaign priorities.
- Collaborates with Advancement Marketing Specialist to craft time-sensitive proposals and donor reports for Regional Directors, Vice President for Advancement, Vocation, and Alumni Engagement, and President for high-value campaign solicitations.
- Identifies and catalogs potential updates and stories from students, faculty, and donors to promote the campaign.
- Coordinates marketing videos, working closely with videographers to develop storyboards, coordinate shoot details, and edit final cuts.
· B.A., B.S., or equivalent college degree· Strategic and creative thinker with a specific interest in charitable fundraising communications· Exceptional writing and proofreading skills· Organized and detail-oriented with proven project-management capacities· Gifted collaborator with excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required; Adobe Creative Cloud a plus· Passion for the mission of Wheaton College Physical Requirements
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 10 pounds. FLSA Status –
Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice, and unity. Updated
– July 2020