HCOP Center Director
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College
- Atl Metropolitan State College
- Executive Administration Jobs
- C-Level & Executive Directors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: Atl Metropolitan State College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 232316
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.Job Summary
The Division of Science, Mathematics and Health Professions is responsible for leading, coordinating, and administering the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and Health Professions education process the College students. Currently the Division, in partnership with Emory University School of Medicine, is seeking qualified Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP) Grant Director to join our team. The ideal candidates must be: dynamic, innovative, forward thinking and willing to embrace the Divisions’ student-centered vision, and currently serving allied health and Stem majors at the college.
The HCOP initiative is a federally funded grant totaling $3.2M designed to provide undergraduate students from economically and/or educationally disadvantaged students an opportunity to develop the necessary skills needed for acceptance into Health Science (Medical Imaging, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing etc.) professional programs. The HCOP Grant Director report to the HCOP Principle Investigator and Co-Investigator.Responsibilities
The HCOP Grant Director duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP) Office. Supports the Principal and Co-Principal Investigators and grant participants through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Preference will be given to the candidates that have proven experience in designing and utilizing Banner 9, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Excel, PeopleSoft, Word and PowerPoint. Moreover, the successful candidate will be responsible for properly handling confidential and time sensitive material. Finally, effective communicate via phone and email is required. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position reports to the Principal and Co-Principal Investigators of the HCOP Grant.
- Design and utilize a variety of reports via Banner 9, Crystal Reports, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Excel, & Word. Prepare and monitor invoicesMaintain computer and manual filing systemsHandle sensitive information in a confidential mannerMaintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of suppliesResearch and creates presentationsWrite letters and emails.Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.Take accurate minutes of meetings.Book conference calls, rooms, Uber, Lyft, couriers, hotels etc. Answer and direct phone calls.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.Maintain contact lists of HCOP Ambassadors Participants.Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited College/University.Proven administrative assistant experience.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Strong organizational and planning skills.Proficient in MS Office.Preference for candidates that have proven experience with the use of Crystal Report Writing software.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.
EVerify # 111036
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert