Job Location: Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Part Time
Education Level: High School
Job Category: Transportation
The driver will transport students for field trips and athletic events in the University's 40-passenger bus. He/She should ensure adherence to safety rules and may need to assist passengers in boarding or exiting. This position is part-time, seasonal, and non-benefit eligible. Applicants must successfully pass a BMV and background check and will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing according to Federal Highway Administration guidelines.
Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations.
Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
Follow safety rules as students are boarding and exiting the bus.
Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
Compile with Department of Transportation policies and procedures for operating a commercial vehicle.
Maintain knowledge of first-aid/CPR procedures.
Prepare and submit requested reports.
Other duties as assigned
Students, Coaches, Staff, Athletics Director, Campus Police
CDL –licensed (Class C or higher, with passenger and air brake endorsement)
- No at-fault traffic accidents in the last 5 years
- Clean driving record (no traffic citations in the last 5 years)
- Ability to carry out assigned route on time
- Excellent communication skills
- Exhibit a student first orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student's needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' needs
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Communicate, cooperate, and collaborate well with others within the University
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate during high service demand times
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Multiple service hours (day, evening, and weekend hours, with occasional overnight stays); extensive student contactTo apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer