THIS POSITION IS STATIONED IN JAPANAs a part of the Academic Affairs Division, the Academic Advising Center (AAC) closely works with TUJ’s undergraduate students after acceptance until graduation and supports them in achieving academic goals by providing academic assistance in various ways. The Academic Advisor is responsible for providing students with individual consultation to assist in choosing appropriate courses, majors, and other education opportunities based on their interests, goals, and program of study, as well as informing students of university policies, procedures, and requirements. The academic transfer advisor will assist admitted students with transfer credit re-evaluations, approvals, equivalencies, and course planning for new students. The academic transfer advisor will serve as the specialist within the AAC for transfer related policies and procedures and will liaise with Admissions, faculty and academic departments. A qualified advisor may also be asked to play a key role with the AAC’s Director / Assistant Director on special projects on an ad-hoc basis.Performs other related duties as assigned.Required Education & Experience:
Master’s degree with at least six months of professional experience in higher education. Study abroad experience at the higher education level.Required Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written). The successful candidate will be expected to work with a diverse student population in a multi-ethnic/multicultural environment.
* Ability to work early morning or late evening shifts as well as regular business days, on an ad-hoc basis, when asked by the Director of the Academic Advising Center. (Compensatory time given)
* Ability to travel in Japan and overseas, when necessary. Ability to work in person and remotely, when necessary.
* Must have strong organization skills.
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint, Google Drive, and Zoom.
* Native or near-native level proficiency in English.
* A team player who is detail-oriented, student-centered, independent, open to innovation, and collaborates well with others.
* Flexibility, creativity, positivity, and solution-focused.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Outside US
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular