The Procurement Service Center (PSC) provides leadership to the University of Colorado in the procurement of goods and services and in paying debts to vendors and travelers by combining sound business controls with efficient and timely service. The functional areas of the PSC include Purchasing Services, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management, Payable Services, Commercial Card Program, Travel Program, Small Business Program, Contract Services, and Procurement Systems. PSC is the system owner of CU Marketplace and Concur Travel and Expense.Position Description
The Program Manager, Customer Success is responsible for designing, launching and sustaining a professional customer success team for University of Colorado’s (CU) Procurement Service Center (PSC). Customer Success has two main components: direct customer engagement through an in-house contact center, and process improvements that address customer issues brought to the contact center. This position works independently to manage initiatives designed to promote the PSC and its services as well as acts as a liaison between the department and a variety of internal and external customers and community leaders.This position reports to the Director of Customer Success & Organizational Excellence and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff System.Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: Customer Success Program
Continuous Improvement and Business Process
- Oversees the PSC’s in-house customer contact center
- Defines contact center process; monitors ticket trends; translates customer ticket trends into process improvement initiatives
- Ensures coverage of contact center volume between internal customers (faculty, staff, students) and external customers (suppliers)
- Structures the team so that expertise is available for inquiries related to Accounts Payable, Purchasing/Contracting, Travel & Expense, Marketplace (purchase to pay), and others
- Maintains team currency on policy, process, user interface, and financial system queries
- Ensures the highest degree of professionalism in all contact interactions
Who we are:
- Supports business process analysis
- Performs ticket monitoring process and trend analysis
- Ensures ticket trends are curated and prioritized for process improvement initiatives
- Provides coaching and leadership to align business process analysis with ongoing PSC operations
- Partners with PSC departments to ensure process improvement initiatives are properly planned, defined, and executed
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver and has the ability to work a hybrid model. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
.The University of Colorado has been proactive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can visit our COVID-19 webpage
for more information.What we offer:Salary:
The salary range has been established at $80,000-$85,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Stellar customer service skills
- Knowledge of project management and process improvement methodologies
- Ability to identify and research new technologies and business process best practices
- Oral, written, and listening communication skills, including the ability to accurately interpret what others are saying and convey messages, information, concepts, and details accurately and clearly
- Organizational skills, including the ability to set and meet goals and deadlines, manage appointments, create schedules, coordinate and facilitate meetings, and make decisions
- Computer skills, including the ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and learn and experiment with new software and systems
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate interaction, communication, and teamwork between others
- Collaboration skills, including the ability to work with others from different areas and backgrounds to reach a common goal
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and reliable professional judgment, as well as collaboratively with a team to achieve desired results
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple concurrent and competing tasks and responsibilities, and adapt to changing priorities while maintaining personal effectiveness
QualificationsMinimum RequirementsPlease ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis).
- Five (5) years’ professional experience in a customer service, business process improvement, and/or procurement role.
- One (1) year of experience in a team lead or supervisory role, which includes assigning and reviewing the work of others, providing guidance to internal and external team members, and assisting management with performance reviews (this requirement may be substituted by formal leadership training)
- Bachelor’s or post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in business, administration, supply chain management, or field related to the work performed.
- Seven (7) years’ professional experience in customer service, business process improvement, and/or procurement role.
- Two (2) years’ of experience in a team lead or supervisory role, which may include assigning and reviewing the work of others, providing guidance to internal and external team members, and/or assisting management with performance reviews (this requirement may be substituted by formal leadership training).
- Professional experience working with or in government or an institution of higher education of similar size and complexity to the University of Colorado.
- Professional experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Professional experience with project management tools and methods
- Previous experience in leading process improvement or operating in a continuous improvement environment; knowledge of six-sigma methodologies such as DMAIC a plus
- Previous experience resolving customer help desk tickets
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Aug 19, 2021Unposting Date: