The J. Paul Getty Trust (www.getty.edu) seeks a seasoned and collaborative facilities professional to serve as Maintenance Supervisor. Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Maintenance Supervisor will have broad and deep domain expertise in facilities maintenance and trades, strong communication and relationship skills, a commitment to transparency and service, and the vision and leadership capacity to enable Facilities Management to meet the broad and evolving range of responsibilities and expectations established for it.
Getty’s mission is to advance and share the world’s visual art and cultural heritage for the benefit of all. Dedicated to the presentation, conservation, and interpretation of the world’s artistic legacy through the collective and individual work of its constituent programs—Getty Conservation Institute, Getty Foundation, J. Paul Getty Museum, and Getty Research Institute, Getty welcomes nearly two million visitors annually to its uniquely world-class architecture and gardens in two renowned venues: the hill top 750-acre Getty Center in Los Angeles, and the 70-acre Getty Villa near the Pacific Ocean in Malibu.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Ensure staff of 15 FTE are supported by a leadership team who provide vision, direction, and motivation. Actively and continually take action to develop leaders in skill improvement and professional growth. Develop a diverse and inclusive work environment of team success built on accountability and cooperation. Support collaborative employee engagement and provide a workplace of choice for all Facilities Management employees.
- Ensure buildings services are valued and meeting occupant expectations and ensure that projects are completed on time and within established parameters
- Prepare and plan for delivering building services during emergency responses and, in particular, ensure collections environment protection rules are observed and react appropriately to emergencies and problems
- Strategize, plan and lead programs for the effective stewardship of facilities through a robust continual building assessment program, repair, and replacement of building components.
- Oversee an operating budget of $2M and investigate and implement technology and workplace methods and practices that will provide best return on investment and expected quality from end users.
- Champion organizational efforts to promote and sustain a safe workplace.
- Provide leadership in continuously directing change and improvement in work and service delivery models, practices, performance standards and building appearance, focusing on comprehensive training, innovation, and data analytics.
- Develop and nurture effective relationships with customers and develop, nurture, and maintain effective relationships across the Getty in achieving goals. Ensure appropriate responses to inquiries and concerns from leadership, staff, faculty, and public relative to services provided.
Qualifications and Competencies
The successful candidate will be a collaborative and creative leader who is an accomplished manager committed to building a team-oriented organizational culture; a confident strategic thinker who is able to provide clear direction; customer-focused; innovative; focused on continuous improvement; committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace; excellent communicator; and possessed of integrity, openness, sound judgment, humility, and a commitment to transparency.
In addition, this position requires 2-3 years of supervisory experience of technical staff; 5-7 years experience in the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of carpentry, plumbing, painting, fire sprinkler systems, water feature systems; an associates degree in engineering is preferred; experience with Kronos time keeping system, Maximo work order system, and PeopleSoft is preferred; proficiency with MS Office and Building Management System order system (BMS) controls experience; the ability to read and interpret specifications, blueprints and drawings relating to assigned equipment; good written and verbal communication skills along with strong supervisory, organizational, and problem-solving skills; excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of Getty staff, outside contractors and vendors.
The Getty has retained Opus Partners to support this recruitment. Katie Dean, Associate Partner is leading the search. For more information or to apply (in confidence), please contact Katie at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Getty is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.