Job location: University Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Job Description SummaryThe Program Administrator reports to the Director for the Center for Alternative Pathway Programs (CAPPS) and is responsible for the administration, technical, and daily operations of the Center of Alternative Pathway Programs. The program administrator is responsible for the coordination and management of a variety of non-credit and for-credit programs and courses of a comprehensive educational program that includes a variety of skills training and industry and continuing professional education. Under the direction of Director, administers non-credit and for-credit courses, seminars, workshops, and/or conferences as part of CAPPS.
The Program Administrator will be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and possess the ability to learn and become proficient in various academic software systems to support the daily activities of the position and the department.
The position includes some evening and weekend work, extensive phone use and technology, support of marketing initiatives, student recruitment, and customer service to internal and external constituents.
Duties and Tasks:
- Creates courses/categories of courses in the Course Merchant System: assign course number, schedule online classes or classroom for on-ground delivery. Request clearances if necessary.
- Registers students for courses and events.
- Processes registration, drop, refunds (upon Director’s approval) and transfers of courses.
- Coordinates the preparation and dissemination of the on-going CAPPS schedules.
- Works with faculty to develop course descriptions for CAPPS courses.
- Performs necessary administrative duties such as correspondence and reports, including data and summary reports.
- Collects, manages and analyzes CAPPS program data such as enrollment data and course outcome data.
- Coordinates fee payment by students via Course Merchant and University systems and accurate accounting of same.
- Safeguards student payment methods and student records.
- Plans an annual budget with Director that will support courses and programs offered while generating substantial revenue for CAPPS.
- Assists Director with business operation activities such as creating and maintaining contracts, SOWs, and fee/payment schedules.
- Assists Director with promotional activities such as advertising, catalogs, and mailings designed to generate enrollment.
- Updates and maintains CAPPS website.
- Supports/assists with publicity and marketing plan for the production of class schedules, brochures, web pages, social media, news releases, and advertisements.
- Makes and/or supervises all necessary arrangements for programs including rooms, special material, or equipment and follows up on all details for coordination and operations, maintaining liaison with appropriate on and off campus parties responsible for providing services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of two years experience in a higher education setting. Bachelor’s degree with significant experience in higher education will be considered.
- Experience in higher education in the development, coordination, and management of non-credit programs and courses preferred.
- Knowledge of college operational practices, policies and procedures, and the ability to follow them.
- Knowledge of the proper operation of and the ability to use personal computers and job related software, including Microsoft Office Suite and other job specific software.
- Knowledge of advertising methods with emphasis on internet and social media.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Intermediate to accelerated computer skills and ability to maintain currency
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of constituencies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to anticipate problems, exercise good judgment, and develop and apply solutions effectively
- Coordinate multiple activities simultaneously and be able to prioritize
- Ability to make decisions/work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to be re-directed as needed to support new initiatives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period